Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

www.wfhealthcare.org
  www.wfhealthcare.org
There are newer employer reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

ne of the best opportunities i have recieved.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Pros

The best reason for me working at Wheaton Franciscan are my co-workers and my patients. It makes me happy to see that my patients are getting better and that my co-workers require my help to continue to grow.

Cons

I do believe that management can do a lot more help in guiding their assoicates and also backing up their departments when their are disputes.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Wheaton Franciscan is going through a difficult financial situation and this is reflected in their severe understaffing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Pros

Compensation is comparable to other health networks and both of the departments I have worked in are full of people who have worked for decades for Wheaton, love what they do and there is great camaraderie amongst the employees.

Cons

The benefits are lacking severely. I know people who work at other health networks and their health policies, premiums and co-pays are all lower. Wheaton does not contribute even 1% into your retirement accounts and they do not compensate you for working mandatory holidays. As far as staffing goes, we in our department and many others (see All Saints Physicians strike from 2010 for understaffing) are understaffed. We are currently working with 60% of the staff we had in 2008 and management feels that this does not harm the patients, but it definitely puts a delay on everything we do. I have never received an email, card or even a short meeting with supervisors or management saying, "great job" or "good work" or anything of the like. Our Leadership is very unappreciative of the work that we do. Last year, our employee wide survey netted a 3% employee satisfaction and our manager's response to that was not that he needed to find other solutions of bring up moral, but rather to have a meeting and call everyone in the department 'whiners and complainers'.

Wheaton could be an excellent place to work, honestly! The people are great and the compensation in base salary is competitive. However, too many of the management feels that the paycheck is thanks enough to their employees. Management must work harder to show appreciation for its employees and to recognize hard work in action. If they can begin doing this, then most of the cons above would go away. Many Departments are understaffed, but our CEO makes over $3.5 million a year. This does not sit well with many employees who feel that just one more co-worker of $45,000 salary would lessen the load tremendously.

Ever changing, challenging and satisfying - -

Current Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Pros

Opportunties to grow and change, expand horizons and contribute to success.
    Christian values in actions - and help guide good decision making.

Cons

Top heavy with too many senior leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare