Wheeler Clinic

Pros

Clientele population can be very rewarding to work with

Cons

Pay could be better; not a lot of positive reinforcement for employees

Advice to Management

Increase/improve incentives

Other Employee Reviews for Wheeler Clinic

1. A good job overall.

I have been working at Wheeler Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wheeler Clinic is certainly much better than my last job which was just terrible!! The compensation is pretty decent for the most part. However, you do have to work a lot harder here in order to earn that same compensation. I suppose that is natural enough thought. Work life balance is probably the best advantage of working here. I have the flexibility I need to work from home, which is very important as a new mother. Not everyone is that lucky however, and it really depends on which program or department you work in. Obviously, some departments and programs don’t offer the ability to work from home. I’m certainly glad that mine does, and I take full advantage of it! I also think that the structure and organization here is SIGNIFICANTLY better than my last job, which was just total chaos and anarchy!!!!!! So that is also another improvement or advantage for me. There are other advantages of working here like the benefits package and a good team of colleagues who I work with.

Cons

The main drawback is clearly the workload. Even if you have the opportunity to work from home like I can sometimes, you still have to put in the hours to get the job done. That really is the only drawback about working here though.

Advice to Management

When I compare the senior management here to the management at my last job, Wheeler is doing a MUCH, MUCH better and I want to recognize you all for that!! However, my one piece of advice would be for management to monitor the work load of their staff, so they don’t get to burned out!

2. Wheeler

Former Employee - Family Support Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Family Support Specialist in Hartford, CT

I worked at Wheeler Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked with a wonderful team of colleagues that were dedicated to meeting the needs of the clients

Cons

Requires a lot of clinical documentation, which can be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff more to reduce high turnover. Be flexible and realistic