great place, compassionate and caring place to work and be a patient, as i have been both.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Wheeling, WV
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at Wheeling Hospital

Pros

great place to work. compassionate and caring staff. most departments work together as a big family.departments with high technology testings and treatments, no need to leave the area. high quality physicians.

Cons

the only downside as with many other places is the high patient to nurse ratio. not enough staff to take care of the increase in very ill and larger patients that require much assistance in movement and transfers.

to continue on working to even the nurse to patient ratio to make safer care to patients and to the staff. to offer more continue education opportunities at the hospital.

Other Reviews for Wheeling Hospital

The benefits are good with problems

Current Employee - Home Health Nurse  in  Wheeling, WV
    Current Employee - Home Health Nurse in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at Wheeling Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits are good. The coworkers are good and work as a team. We help each other to make the day to day schedules work.

Cons

Lots of politics. The work load seems to be all about money not quality of care. We see 5 patients a day and it is not possible on most days in 8 hours. It puts a strain on the nurses and management in general does not seem to care.

The focus needs to be on the quality of care delivered to the patient. The lack of consideration for the increasing strain and dissatisfaction of the staff is disappointing.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Wheeling, WV
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at Wheeling Hospital

Pros

Great place to work! Has all the latest in technologies. The cardiovascular services are second to none. No need to travel to Pitt., Morgantown, or Columbus. They offer it all here and are just as good or even better! The staff of their cardiac cath lab, the cardiologists, and the other ancillary cardiovascular units are second to none!!!!! They promote furthering your education and work hard to work with your schedule.

Cons

It seems as though a great deal of time is spent working on computers. The hands on touch is slipping. After all, I went into nursing to take care of people not computers. Do not get me wrong, documentation is very important this day and time. With all the commercials, attorneys, and patients/families being more educated to the health field as well as the law field it is very important to document. However, one should never loose the HUMAN TOUCH. After all, do you remember the person who gave you a back rub, sat on the bedside and talked or listened, held your hand, or the person who was in a hurry to finish their computer work before shift change?

Never lose track of why we are all here--patients. I realize your aspect of management is business but, if not for our patients and community none of us would be here. Town hall meetings are nice. Maybe a little more often for the entire hospital staff would be better. Remember, a smile or a pat on the back for a job well done goes a long way also. Overall, your doing an excellent job. Keep it up.

There are newer employer reviews for Wheeling Hospital.

Worked for Wheeling Hospital? Contribute to the Community!