There are newer employer reviews for Whelan Security

Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Security Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Whelan Security

Pros

Military 'good ole boy' system allows for easy hire. The site supervisors I have had are outstanding and really take care of you.

Cons

The pay isn't that great, and they don't have any commissioned positions in the DFW area. Some of the people who contract Whelan like to abuse guards sometimes. The roving supervisors believe they are better than everyone else.

Whelan really needs to open up some commissioned jobs in the DFW area. Think about how many contracts you are losing becuse you don't have commissioned officers.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Whelan Security (View Most Recent)

Whelan was the worst experience I every encounter.

Former Employee - Doorman  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Doorman in Chicago, IL

I worked at Whelan Security

Pros

The pay was exact and scheduling decent

Cons

Management and building managers treat you like a piece of crap as officers placed in rolls at buildings.

If your core values are reading that you respect your employees why don't yall do that and show your workers some respect and treat them like they mean something too them

I was not happy at all with treatment by office and upper management.

Current Employee - Security Officer/Account Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Security Officer/Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Whelan Security

Pros

If you can work odd hours a shift is usually available.

Cons

I was treated poorly when a client wanted me removed as a Project Manager for unknown reasons and placed in a position for almost 4 dollars less an hour. At that post I was given a written counseling, (my first ever). I was removed from that post, placed in a " on-call float pool" at 3 dollars less an hour, and given 2 days suspension for a first time infraction (sitting down). I told management I was having a medical issue that prevented me from standing, but nothing changed. As a Project Manager I saw others get several chances for more blatant violations of their policies such as, no call-no shows, excessive call-offs, and disrespect towards supervision. Since my suspension, I do not get called when full-time openings are available and am lied to when they are. I do get offered outdoor posts with no sitting allowed, and with very limited breaks. I would not recommend working for Whelan.

Have compassion, and be honest.

There are newer employer reviews for Whelan Security

Worked for Whelan Security? Contribute to the Community!