There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Good experience, but lack of focus on the people

Current Employee - Lead Engineer  in  Evansville, IN
Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Global company with lots of opportunity (especially if your from a low cost region).

Cons

Very political environment. Engineers are treated like a stranger off the street.

Listen to your employees.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

Very positive place to work.

Current Employee - Good Fair Place to Work  in  Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Good Fair Place to Work in Findlay, OH

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

The high majority of management here at Whirlpool treat you with respect. Promotion from within is BIG here, any job openings are filled within the ranks unless no one wants it. The pay is at the high end of the scale for this area (when I tell people I work at Whirlpool, they always say "Making the big bucks, eh?") I am already making more after less than one year with Whirlpool than I was after 5 with my previous employer. Sure, there is always one moron within the ranks, but by far this has been a very positive work experience for me.

Cons

My only complaint is the fact that you must go through a temp service and work for them for a minimum of 9 months before being considered for hire at Whirlpool. It takes most temps at least 2 years as a temp to get hired in, but last year Whirlpool did more hiring than in the last 3 years combined here, so I was hired in after 9 months.

Keep up the good work. Don't be afraid to ruffle some feathers, though. There are a few malcontents that bring down others that may need some "counselling".

Incompetent senior management that lacks innovation.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst  in  Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Whirlpool is a very moral company with good values. They pay reasonably and the area that the company is located in is quaint.

Cons

Management is incredibly short sighted and not very bright. Always looking at reducing cost while doing idiotic things to hit their goals. There was some good talent at the director level but most of it left.

Management needs to get a better picture of the whole company strategy and think about innovation. Also, we see through all their "turn it on" initiatives.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!