Whirlpool

Good place to work if you are in Finance Leadership Program

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Support diversity in its policy
Generally good working environment

Cons

Promotion and Performance evaluation process could be done a lot better and more transparent.
People in Finance Leadership Program has better opportunity to learn from various job functions, in a way it disadvantage people outside this program

Finance organization doesn't appreciate and reward their people as well as other organization withing the company

445 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

Good experience, but lack of focus on the people

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Global company with lots of opportunity (especially if your from a low cost region).

Cons

Very political environment. Engineers are treated like a stranger off the street.

Listen to your employees.

Very positive place to work.

Current Employee - Good Fair Place to Work in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Good Fair Place to Work in Findlay, OH

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

The high majority of management here at Whirlpool treat you with respect. Promotion from within is BIG here, any job openings are filled within the ranks unless no one wants it. The pay is at the high end of the scale for this area (when I tell people I work at Whirlpool, they always say "Making the big bucks, eh?") I am already making more after less than one year with Whirlpool than I was after 5 with my previous employer. Sure, there is always one moron within the ranks, but by far this has been a very positive work experience for me.

Cons

My only complaint is the fact that you must go through a temp service and work for them for a minimum of 9 months before being considered for hire at Whirlpool. It takes most temps at least 2 years as a temp to get hired in, but last year Whirlpool did more hiring than in the last 3 years combined here, so I was hired in after 9 months.

Keep up the good work. Don't be afraid to ruffle some feathers, though. There are a few malcontents that bring down others that may need some "counselling".

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool