Whirlpool

www.whirlpoolcorp.com

Great Place to Work

Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsWhirlpool Corporation is a global leader in the appliance manufacturing industry and recently celebrated its 100 year anniversary on November 11, 2011. This longstanding history has given our company the experience to compete within a competitive landscape that is constantly evolving. Our company employs over 20,000 American workers and I am proud to be one of them.

While working as a Sales Development Representative, you are required to drive incremental sales growth for a strong consumer brand. These brands include Whirlpool, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, Maytag, and Amana. I currently manage a territory with accounts like Sears, Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Best Buy. As a Sales Development Representative, you will need to work successfully on teams within a collaborative environment. This position also requires both verbal and written communication skills on a daily basis. You will continue to develop these skills by speaking 2-3 times per month in front of audiences of 50 or more. These skills combined with a desire to win will allow you to successfully execute Whirlpool’s sales strategy.

ConsThis position requires relocation. You must be open to moving anywhere within the USA and your territory will depend on what area is open at the time. If you are fine with moving, this is the job for you. Great people, great product, and great management.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a great job of responding to direct reports and their feedback. As an American based company, we need to find ways to keep cost competitive with our foreign competition.

Usually no problems

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Yakima, WA

I worked at Whirlpool

Pros: employee discounts were a definite bonus Cons: not enough communication between corporate and line workers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent place to work

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros: Great people with wonderful great experiences (ex-Consulting, great professionals) Cons: Lots of organizational and people churning roles every 6 to… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce organizational churn More
There are newer reviews on Whirlpool.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!