Whirlpool
www.whirlpoolcorp.com Benton Harbor, MI 5000+ Employees

Great Place to Work

Sales Development Representative (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsWhirlpool Corporation is a global leader in the appliance manufacturing industry and recently celebrated its 100 year anniversary on November 11, 2011. This longstanding history has given our company the experience to compete within a competitive landscape that is constantly evolving. Our company employs over 20,000 American workers and I am proud to be one of them.

While working as a Sales Development Representative, you are required to drive incremental sales growth for a strong consumer brand. These brands include Whirlpool, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, Maytag, and Amana. I currently manage a territory with accounts like Sears, Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Best Buy. As a Sales Development Representative, you will need to work successfully on teams within a collaborative environment. This position also requires both verbal and written communication skills on a daily basis. You will continue to develop these skills by speaking 2-3 times per month in front of audiences of 50 or more. These skills combined with a desire to win will allow you to successfully execute Whirlpool’s sales strategy.

ConsThis position requires relocation. You must be open to moving anywhere within the USA and your territory will depend on what area is open at the time. If you are fine with moving, this is the job for you. Great people, great product, and great management.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a great job of responding to direct reports and their feedback. As an American based company, we need to find ways to keep cost competitive with our foreign competition.

My working experience at Whirlpool has been very good.

Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros: The people at Whirlpool are fantastic. The company is very invested in… Cons: Headquarters is in a very small town. It's a good place to start your career or raise a family but being… Advice to Senior Management: Whirlpool internally prides itself on innovation but often builds its strategies around concepts that simply mimic their competitors. Morale was poor towards the end of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Positive experience with lots of challenges.

Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros: - Communications from senior leadership. - Recognition for a job… Cons: - They don't do well with career pathing. - Function of HR is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Whirlpool.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!

Whirlpool – Why Work for Us?

We’re the largest global home appliance manufacturer in the world, but we’re still just a small town company in our hearts. We create products that make millions of people’s lives easier every day, and we’re committed… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whirlpool reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Whirlpool CEO Jeff M. Fettig. All reviews posted anonymously by Whirlpool employees.