Whirlpool

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Whirlpool Corporation is a global leader in the appliance manufacturing industry and recently celebrated its 100 year anniversary on November 11, 2011. This longstanding history has given our company the experience to compete within a competitive landscape that is constantly evolving. Our company employs over 20,000 American workers and I am proud to be one of them.

While working as a Sales Development Representative, you are required to drive incremental sales growth for a strong consumer brand. These brands include Whirlpool, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, Maytag, and Amana. I currently manage a territory with accounts like Sears, Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Best Buy. As a Sales Development Representative, you will need to work successfully on teams within a collaborative environment. This position also requires both verbal and written communication skills on a daily basis. You will continue to develop these skills by speaking 2-3 times per month in front of audiences of 50 or more. These skills combined with a desire to win will allow you to successfully execute Whirlpool’s sales strategy.

Cons

This position requires relocation. You must be open to moving anywhere within the USA and your territory will depend on what area is open at the time. If you are fine with moving, this is the job for you. Great people, great product, and great management.

Management does a great job of responding to direct reports and their feedback. As an American based company, we need to find ways to keep cost competitive with our foreign competition.

448 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

My working experience at Whirlpool has been very good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

The people at Whirlpool are fantastic. The company is very invested in the community and goes the extra mile to be a good corporate citizen.

Cons

Headquarters is in a very small town. It's a good place to start your career or raise a family but being mid to late 20's and single in this town can be difficult. There can be some elements of favoritism to certain employees.

Whirlpool internally prides itself on innovation but often builds its strategies around concepts that simply mimic their competitors. Morale was poor towards the end of the year and many good employees were leaving the company. 2012 is a big year in deciding what direction the company heads for the next 100 years.

Positive experience with lots of challenges.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

- Communications from senior leadership.
    - Recognition for a job well done.
    - Ability to move within the company.

Cons

- They don't do well with career pathing.
    - Function of HR is unclear.
    - Takes a long time to increase pay to national avg levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool