There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Very strange place to work

Former Employee - Contract Lab Technician  in  Saint Joseph, MI
Former Employee - Contract Lab Technician in Saint Joseph, MI

I worked at Whirlpool

Pros

Family oriented
Very laid back
Always some sort of function or meeting going on
Free monthly blood pressure checks
Numerous health related fairs

Cons

Very bad PMP review system, needs improvement
Interview process is time consuming and they are very slow at making hiring decisions
They don't have an organized system that would allow contract employees a fair opportunity to be hired in

Your lower level management needs some serious guidance as they are wasting much time and money doing constant interviewing hiring of both regular and contract employees. I have seen whole departments tied up for weeks, sometimes over a month performing interviews, then the hiring manager has a hard time making a decision. This process could ultimately scare potential good candidates away. You are not effectively using the many contract agencies to your advantage in order to save valuable man hours, time and money. Why not allow the agencies to do the HR interviews and choosing of people rather than by many managers who have no clue or simply don't really want to? After all, these are contractors and you can send them back any time you feel they are not working out for you. Agencies are there to help you and help you cut costs. The interview process in place defeats the whole purpose.

405 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

Average place to work, nice area, but poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Nice area to raise a family, good pay, average benefits

Cons

Poor management, advancement for those who "kiss up", employees don't feel valued

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Whirlpool Corporation is a global leader in the appliance manufacturing industry and recently celebrated its 100 year anniversary on November 11, 2011. This longstanding history has given our company the experience to compete within a competitive landscape that is constantly evolving. Our company employs over 20,000 American workers and I am proud to be one of them.

While working as a Sales Development Representative, you are required to drive incremental sales growth for a strong consumer brand. These brands include Whirlpool, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, Maytag, and Amana. I currently manage a territory with accounts like Sears, Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Best Buy. As a Sales Development Representative, you will need to work successfully on teams within a collaborative environment. This position also requires both verbal and written communication skills on a daily basis. You will continue to develop these skills by speaking 2-3 times per month in front of audiences of 50 or more. These skills combined with a desire to win will allow you to successfully execute Whirlpool’s sales strategy.

Cons

This position requires relocation. You must be open to moving anywhere within the USA and your territory will depend on what area is open at the time. If you are fine with moving, this is the job for you. Great people, great product, and great management.

Management does a great job of responding to direct reports and their feedback. As an American based company, we need to find ways to keep cost competitive with our foreign competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!