There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Appliance Giant How the good guys win!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Quality products, Vision and core values of company are a good mesh with my personal values. Whirlpool is very upstanding in all of it's business functions.

Cons

The industry is very tight. There has not been a significant price increase in 40+ years. Everyone has to work VERY hard to keep things moving in the right direction. The strategy that I find the least helpful is the processes used for our GIS support, contract workforces, primarily offshore. In the information age, our data should have more care.

Advice to Management

Rebuild our foundations, since bringing in Maytag, we have been working very hard and very lean.
Some of our data structures and our business model needs to be reworked to match our business and to be world class.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The potential is huge

Current Employee - Contract Account Manager
    Current Employee - Contract Account Manager

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Large stable company in troubled time should survive.

Cons

Zero comunication on things that need changed, It department is very very far behind the world. In a industry that is seeing radical challenges to our survival we are just trying to get buy, There is little on no creativity for moving the company into the 21st centrury. Our information systems are dinosaours and consequently we "do not know what we do not know"..

Advice to Management

Fix your SAP system, thepay structure would be fine if some one Knew what it was. No one in the company has any idea what other people and departments are doing

Great place for high performing employees. Sucky place for mediocre performers

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Lots of room to grow both upwardly and/or into different areas. In one town we have different product groups, functions(procurement, lab engineering, new platform development, existing platform improvement, finance, marketing, etc).

Cons

A lot of hard work is expected. And Whirlpool seems committed to doing what it takes to survive. I am convinced they will let more people go if the economic times get tougher.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the "doers" and less on powerpoint summaries of other people's work. Slim down the number of leaders director and above. Focus on the development of internal talent, and keep investing in innovation.