There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

A stressful environment in which the brown-nosers get the best treatment.

Former Employee - Senior Credit Representative in Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Senior Credit Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Whirlpool

Pros

Decent benefits & physical working conditions.

Cons

The HR department is a complete waste of time; save time & just quit.

Stop taking advantage of your employees and assuming they'll always be there to abuse.

428 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

People are walking out of the door...and management thinks after hour drinks will help

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool

Pros

- Great work that is truly challenging!
    - The opportunity to obtain knowledge in many areas and not just your "job description"
    - Unbelievable colleagues at the mid management to lower management levels who really care about you as an individual and your growth and success. (they are the reason I stayed for so long)

Cons

- Engagement is bad (really bad) and management believes that drinks after work will help solve the problem. We need to do a root cause analysis on the actual issues plaguing our company...with many of them start with a lack of confidence in our NAR president.
    - Our CEO is not an in the public kind of individual and right now as we fight International competitors hard, we need a VERY public figure to garner support for our company, our products, and the innovation we keep talking about us delivering
    - The Saint Joe Tech Center needs to be overhauled. We have too many Lead Engineers and Managers doing a job that an engineer two years out of school could do (at the Project Engineer level).

1) Our CEO needs to be more of a public figure (explore undercover boss, 60 minutes expose on the trade dumping case, the fact that we are trying to do big business in a "small business" government, etc)
    2) Figure out a way to overhaul the St. Joe Tech Center and the scope of work people are given...it's ridiculous that it takes so many engineers to produce a product two years late whereas cooking has a model of half the engineers on the team and produces things on time and under cost. Let's figure out what's making cooking engineering work so well.
    3) In a majority of our organizations it is very difficult for a Band 6 & 7 to break through and get noticed (especially in engineering) we're going to continue to lose great talent if managers and leaders are holding people back because they haven't served their "time" or are nervous about this individual some day being their boss (jealous). We have a lot of that and I don't think management is currently aware.
    4) A task force needs to be put together to truly have cart blanche in figuring out what is behind our engagement issues. Allow them to start at the top b/c many of our behaviors and poor decisions, and poor behaviors are being led from there.

Historically very good people culture, but under decline

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Breadth of accountabilities
    Many opportunities to impact the company
    International exposure
    Fortune 500 pay and growth possibilities
    Dynamic environment

Cons

Growing silos
    Lack of teamwork
    Focus on core products, lack of innovation
    Top leadership does not encourage debate and exchange

Find a way to create more open dialogue
    Provide vision for growth beyond core categories
    Encourage teaming, move away from individual achievement culture

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool