There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Maybe it's too "nice"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Benton Harbor, MI
Current Employee - Brand Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Very "easy" place to work. People here love their jobs and it has a real small town feel about it.

Cons

Ironically, the strengths are also weaknesses. People are very comfortable and many folks have been here a long time. There is much talk of change, but the people here were a part of creating the current culture and processes, so real change is slow at best. Missing is a sense of urgency.

Take a hard look at what it means to truly transform a company into a branded consumer driven operation. Take a lesson from auto makers...being the biggest is no guarantee of long term success in and of itself.

reviews filtered by
  1. The potential is huge

Current Employee - Contract Account Manager
    Current Employee - Contract Account Manager

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Large stable company in troubled time should survive.

Cons

Zero comunication on things that need changed, It department is very very far behind the world. In a industry that is seeing radical challenges to our survival we are just trying to get buy, There is little on no creativity for moving the company into the 21st centrury. Our information systems are dinosaours and consequently we "do not know what we do not know"..

Fix your SAP system, thepay structure would be fine if some one Knew what it was. No one in the company has any idea what other people and departments are doing

2. Good place to work, but way, way, way too many managers

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

I get to see the results of my work in 1000's of stores around the country. That is pretty cool.

Cons

They like to create new layers of management every other year and criss crossing matrix organization makes you have to report to 3 bosses on the same project.

Streamline the management structure already! Less chiefs and more Indians please! (sorry if that's un-PC, but it is true)

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool