Whirlpool

Maybe it's too "nice"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Benton Harbor, MI
Current Employee - Brand Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Very "easy" place to work. People here love their jobs and it has a real small town feel about it.

Cons

Ironically, the strengths are also weaknesses. People are very comfortable and many folks have been here a long time. There is much talk of change, but the people here were a part of creating the current culture and processes, so real change is slow at best. Missing is a sense of urgency.

Take a hard look at what it means to truly transform a company into a branded consumer driven operation. Take a lesson from auto makers...being the biggest is no guarantee of long term success in and of itself.

464 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, but way, way, way too many managers

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

I get to see the results of my work in 1000's of stores around the country. That is pretty cool.

Cons

They like to create new layers of management every other year and criss crossing matrix organization makes you have to report to 3 bosses on the same project.

Streamline the management structure already! Less chiefs and more Indians please! (sorry if that's un-PC, but it is true)

Appliance Giant How the good guys win!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Quality products, Vision and core values of company are a good mesh with my personal values. Whirlpool is very upstanding in all of it's business functions.

Cons

The industry is very tight. There has not been a significant price increase in 40+ years. Everyone has to work VERY hard to keep things moving in the right direction. The strategy that I find the least helpful is the processes used for our GIS support, contract workforces, primarily offshore. In the information age, our data should have more care.

Rebuild our foundations, since bringing in Maytag, we have been working very hard and very lean.
    Some of our data structures and our business model needs to be reworked to match our business and to be world class.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool