Whirlpool
www.whirlpoolcorp.com Benton Harbor, MI 5000+ Employees

The more things change the more they stay the same!

I T Person (Former Employee)

ProsGood products and great discounts

ConsThe I.T department is a joke. They outsource all there infrastructure and they pay for the lowest level of support which makes for very unstable systems. They are more interested in hiring a manager than an actual I.T person. They do not value technical skills at all. If you know too much they will try and get rid of you.

Forced rankings - they have this system where they basically manage you up or they manage you out. They will literally make up anything they like against you and put it in your employee record. HR will side with management every time. I know someone who was given a poor rating and they didn't receive a single comment as to why.

Thinking of working in I.T here? Ask the managers about turnover. Find out how long the managers and directors have held their current positions. You'll notice most people are new because the turnover is so high. Ask them what happened to the person who held the position before? Ask them if the person is still with the company?

Management sticks together - if you're a bully and have no problem giving out bad ratings and reviews you will rise to the top. If you do what's right and fight for your employees you will sink like a rock!

Are there good people here? Yes but they are few and far between. The new people they seem to be hiring are short term folks who are just passing through. The type of folks who come in an experiment. They ruin people's careers while trying to rise to the level of their own incompetence.

If you are considering a job (careers don't last here), consider yourself warned!

Advice to Senior ManagementEthics....get some!

Another American business tragedy now in the final stages of self-destruction.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: 1.) Most non-management employees are a pleasure to work with and very supportive. 2.) A few very good internal… Cons: 1.) Performance Management system (Whirlpool PMP) force ranks all employees into a normal distribution with employee ratings of 1-5. 1's are top performers and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

customer relations lead

Customer Relations Lead (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: good environment, good leaders, good benefits Cons: salary, educational program, raises, bonuses Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Whirlpool.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!

Whirlpool – Why Work for Us?

We’re the largest global home appliance manufacturer in the world, but we’re still just a small town company in our hearts. We create products that make millions of people’s lives easier every day, and we’re committed… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whirlpool reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Whirlpool CEO Jeff M. Fettig. All reviews posted anonymously by Whirlpool employees.