There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

The more things change the more they stay the same!

Former Employee - I T Person
Former Employee - I T Person

I worked at Whirlpool full-time

Pros

Good products and great discounts

Cons

The I.T department is a joke. They outsource all there infrastructure and they pay for the lowest level of support which makes for very unstable systems. They are more interested in hiring a manager than an actual I.T person. They do not value technical skills at all. If you know too much they will try and get rid of you.

Forced rankings - they have this system where they basically manage you up or they manage you out. They will literally make up anything they like against you and put it in your employee record. HR will side with management every time. I know someone who was given a poor rating and they didn't receive a single comment as to why.

Thinking of working in I.T here? Ask the managers about turnover. Find out how long the managers and directors have held their current positions. You'll notice most people are new because the turnover is so high. Ask them what happened to the person who held the position before? Ask them if the person is still with the company?

Management sticks together - if you're a bully and have no problem giving out bad ratings and reviews you will rise to the top. If you do what's right and fight for your employees you will sink like a rock!

Are there good people here? Yes but they are few and far between. The new people they seem to be hiring are short term folks who are just passing through. The type of folks who come in an experiment. They ruin people's careers while trying to rise to the level of their own incompetence.

If you are considering a job (careers don't last here), consider yourself warned!

Ethics....get some!

408 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

Comfortable work place with room & opportunity to grow.

Former Employee - Floor Manager  in  Yakima, WA
    Former Employee - Floor Manager in Yakima, WA

I worked at Whirlpool full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer ongoing education and skills training and management takes a personal interest in your developement.

Cons

Starting pay is a little low, but anyone can advance.

Doing a pretty good job of listening to employees - but maybe a little more recognization for achievers would be nice.

Positive overall experience.

Current Employee - Senior Counsel  in  Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Counsel in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time

Pros

Challenging work. Cutting edge. Talented staff.

Cons

Low pay for lawyers is frustrating. Underpaid and generally under appreciated by the business.

Leadership development and market rate salaries are sorely needed

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!