There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Its Okay

Current Employee - Assembly  in  Marion, OH
Current Employee - Assembly in Marion, OH

I have been working at Whirlpool as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment. Get to try new things often. Most of the people are fun to be around. Management takes their job seriously but knows how to lighten up.

Cons

Constant lay offs to temps. Cant afford anything with $10/ hour and no benefits as a temp. Takes two years for direct hire.

417 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

Maintenance Guy

Former Employee - A - Class Maintenance  in  Cleveland, TN
    Former Employee - A - Class Maintenance in Cleveland, TN

I worked at Whirlpool full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Whirlpool (previously Maytag Cleveland Cooking Products) had an apprenticeship program, which allowed anyone who could pass the entrance exam and get through the inteview process to begin a career in maintenance. A four year program (part time) at the local college (Electro-mechanical maintenance certification) ALL EXPENSES PAID !!!!! Concurrently, there was three years of hands-on apprenticeship, with the guys who actually kept the place running and have done so for up to 30 years. WONDERFUL Opportunity !!!!!!

Cons

What can I say, it's ALL about the bottom line. I wish it weren't so, but as the cost of living continued to rise, the pay stagnated. Our annul raises only covered the additional cost of benefits.
    UnfortunateIy, I had to leave the company to fnd more gainful employment. 10 + years of experience out the door.

It's ALL about the bottom line, companies have made that all to clear to their employees.
    A persons loyalty to their employer is in great part tied to how well that they can supply their families needs. I suggest a quarterly profit sharing bonus structures implementation would help tremendously. Quality, attendance and LOYALTY to the company would soar to new heights.

great company

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great great company to grow your career by creating opportunity for you to challenge yourself and gain different experience. Love the company culture and company strives to engage employees.

Cons

between brand, category, finance, procurement, engineering..... they all have global structure and regional team, think about the complexity when it comes to decision making. won't say it's the most efficient company in the world. plus, they shuffle people around quickly and they won't even get chance to execute their strategy yet.

who really owns P/L? too many people have say in it

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!