There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

A few bad apples in a political matrix

Former Employee - Trade Strategy Manager in Benton Harbor, MI
Former Employee - Trade Strategy Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary & benefits are a way Whirlpool draws people to Sw Michigan
Couple that with a low cost of living and a good work-life relationship and Whirlpool becomes a great place for a long career

Cons

There have been a lot of changes on H1B policy and they proactively fire individuals on H1B or green card path especially if they dont have the right political connections

Advice to Management

While the company is very political in defining who goes where, that isnt strictly based on performance. This will be debilitating in the long run for the company

reviews filtered by

My worst working experience ever in 13 years"

Former Employee - They say it was logistics lead...I highly doubt they know what logistics really is in Miami, FL

I worked at Whirlpool full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Summer Friday, half of day off on Fridays during the summer...that's all.

Cons

Very Disorganized, no clear management direction, Good ERP system that is not well implemented so is useless, too many young managers that act and believe they know way too much and they really don't know anything, Talent Pool or Performance review is not based on performance but more into your PR skills with managers, Health insurance is more costly than not having one...I really don't have anything good to say I really regret taking that job.

Advice to Management

You guys are way disconnected with reality and are more focus in counting pennies than solving the real issues you have under you...Open your eyes and ears and apply real leadership! P&L should not drive the strategies of the company!

2. Customer Care Specialist

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great team building activities, secure support network for employees

Cons

There were no real downsides with the company, the only con to the position were unpleasant consumers, though the pleasant ones outweighed the bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool