There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Employees work hard and take pride in their products.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Whirlpool full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They compensate well and all my co-workers were amicable. It was nice to be a part of something that is "made in the USA".

Cons

Factory environment can be a downer. Some of the good hourly workers do not get the recognition they deserve. There is definitely politics involved among management. A handful of salaried employees believed their worth was much more than it realistically was. Have to relocate to numerous locations if you want to be a candidate for promotion.

Looking for improvements? Spend more time with the line workers. They have ideas. The six sigma events are useful in getting non-engineer salaried employees knowledgeable of the product.

reviews filtered by

OK but not great

Former Employee - GIS Lead Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI
    Former Employee - GIS Lead Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay for the location, training

Cons

IT leadership does not embrace the CEO's work life balance. You are expected to be available 24hrs a day. I have never been on vacation without having to help fix a crisis. Recognition and reward has nothing to do with hard work, it's politics. I got tired of being taken advantage of and left. To show how much Whirlpool cared when I left, I got a 15 question Survey monkey, not even an exit interview, they just don't care

I now work for a company that respects and rewards me, it was a good decision to leave.

Stop listening to GIS leadership and go "undercover boss" to understand what really goes on. Most LDP are feed up with the lack of leadership as well as many other employees, but they endure because there are few options to remain in the area. If there were local options for employment, 20% of IT would leave, if not more.

I would replace 60% of the GIS managers and leadership because they really don't know what being a leader is about, they are nothing but people who have attained a position.

2. Great place!!!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great leaders, well performing company, fun environment, great training

Cons

pay, job advancement occasionally, schedules

Keep up the great work!