Excellent foundation of values, but not followed by every department.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Benton Harbor, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Whirlpool has an excellent set of values. Salaries and benefits are overall competitive. Whirlpool as a whole is a solid company with longevity in the market place.

Cons

Whirlpool's values are not followed by every department, causing a negative impact to morale and productivity. Some departments/positions are given less value than others and are provided poor and/or inefficient tools to perform duties. This causes a severe "slow down" in completing tasks within required time parameters.

I suggest that upper management take a closer look at how the "lower" levels of positions are being valued and the tools that they are provided to the employees. There is a lot of waste caused by not providing the right tools to employees to perform their duties. Many excellent employees are being overwhelmed because the tools they have do not support the job requirements they are accountable for. Ultimately, our customers suffer because of lengthy delays to resolved issues.

Other Reviews for Whirlpool

If you are one of the top performers, you'll be worked to the bone, but have incredible learning experiences

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Benton Harbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool full-time

Pros

- Global company with an impressive portfolio of brands
    - Incredible opportunities to learn
    - Experience best in class employee training and development
    - Many job opportunities and growth options

Cons

- If you want to be top talent and have access to the "pros," be prepared to work 80+ hours/week
    - Highly political environment as you move up the ladder, particularly for the move from Sr. Manager to Director, and all levels above

Convince the employees who are still there from pre-2010 that the company has the right to win in market in the long-term

Good experience, but quite stressful at times

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Plenty of different job types and product groups to move around in.

Cons

Engineering buildings are old, cubes getting smaller, cube walls getting shorter, so its difficult to concentrate on your work.

Stop thinking that you know more than we do about what we need to do our jobs, or where our problems are in getting projects done. Stop making the work environment more distracting! Also, please stop preaching StraightTalk when you really don't want to hear it from the team member level. Other than that you're doing great.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!