Whirlpool

www.whirlpoolcorp.com
  www.whirlpoolcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool

Excellent foundation of values, but not followed by every department.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Whirlpool has an excellent set of values. Salaries and benefits are overall competitive. Whirlpool as a whole is a solid company with longevity in the market place.

Cons

Whirlpool's values are not followed by every department, causing a negative impact to morale and productivity. Some departments/positions are given less value than others and are provided poor and/or inefficient tools to perform duties. This causes a severe "slow down" in completing tasks within required time parameters.

I suggest that upper management take a closer look at how the "lower" levels of positions are being valued and the tools that they are provided to the employees. There is a lot of waste caused by not providing the right tools to employees to perform their duties. Many excellent employees are being overwhelmed because the tools they have do not support the job requirements they are accountable for. Ultimately, our customers suffer because of lengthy delays to resolved issues.

447 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

Good experience, but quite stressful at times

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of different job types and product groups to move around in.

Cons

Engineering buildings are old, cubes getting smaller, cube walls getting shorter, so its difficult to concentrate on your work.

Stop thinking that you know more than we do about what we need to do our jobs, or where our problems are in getting projects done. Stop making the work environment more distracting! Also, please stop preaching StraightTalk when you really don't want to hear it from the team member level. Other than that you're doing great.

Wonderful company!

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Whirlpool is committed to the best customer experience, innovation and loyalty. It strives to meet consumer needs in all market places and puts the customer at the center of everything.

Cons

The US business is so large it sometimes feels segmented. As an employee it takes some personal initiative to remain informed on all areas of the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool