Whirlpool

Fantastic place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool

Pros

The people at Whirlpool are amazing. It's truly a company that thinks about YOU as an important attribute to the business rather than you as a number.

Cons

The biggest downside is the fact that all of the production facilities are in different locations, so it can be quite difficult to understand, knowledge share, and incorporate best practices across various product categories.

The management team at Whirlpool does a great job of continuously communicating its goals and paths towards accomplishing those goals, however it doesn't demonstrate that its taken employee feedback and really incorporated it into the "next steps" or "refinements."

447 Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool (View Most Recent)

A work really, really hard/brute force culture, no room for free thinking and utilizing new techniques and technologies

Current Employee - Analyst in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Analyst in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros

Diverse opportunities for employees in Leadership Development Programs (LDP)
    Laid-back work atmosphere (at least in Hilltop South)
    New headquarter buildings being built in Benton Harbor
    Small town...good if you don't like alot of distractions
    Good experiences that can be utilized at WHR or can be considered easily transferable to other companies

Cons

Resource constraints cause each employee to have a growing amount of work with no end in sight and no extra compensation for the extra effort.
    Few projects actually get completed, they are often cancelled from above with little notice or fizzle out due to employees being spread too thin (difficult to get traction/help with your projects)
    Challenging to get IT work done in a timely fashion due to recent changes to GIS organization
    Small town...not very diverse, not much to do on weekends
    You must seek out promotions on your own

Have a genuine concern for the people who work for you. Current mentality from management seems to be "at least you have a job, so we can get you to do what we want because we know there are not many other opportunities in the town". Employees are beginning to observe this mentality and may start getting restless and consider leaving St. Joe.

Don't be so afraid of new technologies!

I had a wonderful boss and I learned a lot.

Former Employee - Senior Manager Finance in Benton Harbor, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Manager Finance in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool

Pros

Big multinational company, with opportunities to work overseas.
    Opportunities to work in different projects / areas with people of very different backgrounds.

Cons

Big company, that is sometimes slow to move.
    Has somewhat some glass-ceiling feeling inside of it.

There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool