White House Black Market

www.whitehouseblackmarket.com

White House Black Market-- the good and the bad

Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) Greenwood, IN

ProsAn excellent discount is given to both full and part-time employees-- 40% off full-price merchandise and 10% off of clearance items. Training emphasizes connecting with customers, which truly helps build trust and rapport with them. The company offers bonuses according to the sale range per transaction which is an excellent way to earn extra money.

ConsThe dress code can be fairly strict in the beginning when you are not sure of what is allowed and what isn't. After working there for a few months, however, the associate will become accustomed to what is permitted. Employees can easily come off as "pushy" instead of helpful if not careful. Managers become too obsessed with the numbers, which can make associates feel pressured to sell more items.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management would do well to not obsess so much about numbers but instead focus more on pleasing the customer. If the customer is pleased, she (or he) will buy more items.

Great experience, a lot of opportunities, talent is being recognized.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

I worked at White House Black Market

Pros: Great people, good management, career growth opportunities. Cons: Sometimes long hours, long and unnecessary meetings. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to kickstart a career in retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at White House Black Market part-time for less than a year

Pros: - GREAT discount - The managers and assistant managers are there to make sure you're doing your job and you're doing it well. You always learn… Cons: - Very, very little room for growth. I initially accepted the job because I was told I could easily receive a promotion after a few… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on White House Black Market.

Worked for White House Black Market? Contribute to the Community!