White Lodging

www.whitelodging.com

A lot of work without a lot of rewards

Former Employee - Front Desk Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Front Desk Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

There can be many opportunities to cross-train and learn different functions in the hotel industry. This is a good job for people beginning their hotel career.

Cons

White Lodging culture and management varies greatly at their different locations. Your individual success can depend on who you work with and their view of the company.
In addition, White Lodging does not value continuing education, so going back to school to get a Master's degree was quite difficult while working at their hotel.

The hotel management did not treat employees with respect, they often look at people as just numbers. Their incentives are not set up correctly, so employees are just looking out for themselves and management is doing the same, creating a conflict.

Other reviews for White Lodging

The worst job ever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

I started out at a good pay rate, but will most likely not go up and you get to be apart of events.

Cons

The management has a HUGE lack of communication with there employees. There is so many interns that there isn't enough hours for the people that actually live in this country and are here to stay (they get first dibs on hours.) If you tell HR any issue your having with someone; they will go tell them that you told them even though they have an open door policy. In my department I never received a break. My manager always yelled at us and degraded us. There slogan is "I have your back, and always set each other up for success" .. but yet it has never happened.

Stop downgrading your hardworking employees.
    HR- stop telling people that they are talking about them or that someone has an issue with them.
    Make it an actual happy place to work; that's the way to set up success.
    If you hire someone on as full time, let them actually be full time, you never know what they stopped in there life to come and work for you.

Work Elsewhere

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Broomfield, CO

Pros

There is a laid back work environment

Cons

low compensation and not positive feedback

more feedback

There are newer employer reviews for White Lodging.

Worked for White Lodging? Contribute to the Community!