White Lodging

www.whitelodging.com
  www.whitelodging.com
There are newer employer reviews for White Lodging

I liked everyone I worked with and the company

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at White Lodging full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked everyone on my sales team and enjoyed going to work everyday. It's an easy product to sell as long as you do your research, speak with confidence, and know what you're talking about. Advancement is quick if you do the right things.

Cons

If you aren't willing to relocate, advancement will take some time. I wasn't willing to relocate so wouldn't make the money I wanted as fast as I wanted it. Once I realized how long it would take me to get where I wanted to be with hotels, it made me want to get out of hotels. I pursued other opportunities and one came up that I couldn't pass.

If you aren't willing to relocate, good luck advancing quickly. At White Lodging, you don't make money with raises, you make them with promotions. No relocating, no promotions.

It's ok to say GOOD JOB. Even when hitting your goals, it's never good enough here. Also, too much talk throughout the company. Everyone knows everything about everyone before you even meet them.

107 Other Employee Reviews for White Lodging (View Most Recent)

Great peers/talent - poor structure for growth

I have been working at White Lodging full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

talented peer managers, consistent company growth, adequate benefits, great customer service, quality products, excellent referral bonus

Cons

poor structure for career development, compensation for management jobs is below par, inconsistent direction from corporate executives, reviews/raises are not done in a timely manner, incentives are not paid as agreed

Reward your employees for the hard work they are doing by paying fairly and constantly.... also provide opportunities for them to grow with the company so they aren't forced to look elsewhere.

Ehhhhh

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at White Lodging full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities are always there as long as you are willing to relocate to other states. Good for single people.

Cons

Unappreciated, hardworking doesn't get recognize. 55+ hrs a week. Had worked with 3 different GM's in the past 3 years at 2 different property, that supposedly pass this tough interview and hiring process but yet only had 1 good GM that actually developed and trained me. Others are too busy running out of the hotels all the time because of personal life. Difficult to balance work and life. Not for people with family.

GM's take all the credit, don't get any recognition when in fact operations manager bust their butts work long hours. Come in early and leave later than GM's.

There are newer employer reviews for White Lodging