There are newer employer reviews for White Lodging

AGM

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at White Lodging full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team work at most of the hotels.

Cons

By far once of the worst!!! I was with this company for 4 years my file was clean this was my 3 hotel and because one GM is a bully and a lair, I get fired. Going to work everyday and being bullied by your GM is great! Reporting this to HR and then being fired even better.

This GM needs to man up.

95 Other Employee Reviews for White Lodging (View Most Recent)

Good pay but no associate appreciation

Current Employee - Night Auditor  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at White Lodging full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay in the Chicago location, Hotel benefits with the franchise brand.

Cons

You can go beyond for the company and demonstrate strong leadership skills, have an excellent attendance record and share your opinions and ideas and non will be accounted for. Management team always cover each other mistakes and never question or help improve each other skills. There's never a good manager in the end the good manager will side with the other manager regardless of the situation.

Please work on keeping associates happy. Management team needs further leadership training in regards managing and being part of a team. If there's a busy day/ weekend management should work not be off and expect associates to do all the hard work. Revision of your on board training needs to be made and improved. HR in Chicago particularly needs to be redefined what HR stands for and not be one sided with management.

I liked everyone I worked with and the company

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at White Lodging full-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked everyone on my sales team and enjoyed going to work everyday. It's an easy product to sell as long as you do your research, speak with confidence, and know what you're talking about. Advancement is quick if you do the right things.

Cons

If you aren't willing to relocate, advancement will take some time. I wasn't willing to relocate so wouldn't make the money I wanted as fast as I wanted it. Once I realized how long it would take me to get where I wanted to be with hotels, it made me want to get out of hotels. I pursued other opportunities and one came up that I couldn't pass.

If you aren't willing to relocate, good luck advancing quickly. At White Lodging, you don't make money with raises, you make them with promotions. No relocating, no promotions.

It's ok to say GOOD JOB. Even when hitting your goals, it's never good enough here. Also, too much talk throughout the company. Everyone knows everything about everyone before you even meet them.

There are newer employer reviews for White Lodging

Worked for White Lodging? Contribute to the Community!