Whitlock

Stale, old school

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Whitlock

Pros

Company has partnerships with a wide variety of manufacturers, has a good portfolio of completed projects, and is well managed at the top. Very competent leaders in national and regional positions.

Cons

While executive management shines, they have a hard time finding competent branch managers. Communications within the organization or very poor. Local managers seem to have no leadership training.

Good engineering skills don't automatically translate to good leadership skills.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Whitlock (View Most Recent)

Great culture, Great people, Great Values...

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Whitlock full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Whitlock employs some of the highest regarded professionals in the industry, all of which that I have worked with are united towards the same goal of being customer centric and putting the customer first. The organization is all about transformational change and at Whitlock this mantra is more than just a company catch phrase it's part of the culture.

Ultimately, the one factor that I feel makes Whitlock such a wonderful company to work for is the empowerment and opportunity they offer employees. I feel that if I work hard, put the company's values and culture first, the growth opportunities are endless.

Cons

Whitlock is a rapidly growing organization. Although this growth is organic, scaling the organization from a technology and IT infrastructure standpoint seems to be a challenge. Those who do the work need to be driving the IT requirements of the organization......

A company summit would help further push transformational change within the organization and would certainly help provide insight into where Whitlock is going as the top systems integrator in North America.

Whitlock does not value employees and upward mobility is not likely.

Current Employee - Audiovisual Installation Technician in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Audiovisual Installation Technician in Durham, NC

I have been working at Whitlock full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Regular work, occasional cutting edge AV systems

Cons

Total lack of culture, the Whitlock bonus is "you're lucky you have a job", small raises if any, major favortism

Value employees, pay competitive wages with incentives or bonus

There are newer employer reviews for Whitlock