There are newer employer reviews for Whitney Holding

A Little Old School...

I worked at Whitney Holding

Pros

Whitney Bank is a respected name in the local community, with a long standing, solid reputation. It's a company that is synonymous with New Orleans. The culture is old fashioned, but positive. The people are fun-loving and loyal. The bank returns that loyalty for the most part...

Cons

While Whitney has a long history, they tend to not be a very progressive company. Change is very slow to develop. A younger professional may not find the culture to be appealing compared to competitors. It can be a formal, suit-wearing, blue-blood culture.

I would say management needs to take a look at some of the more progressive companies out there (the ones that consistently land on those "best places to work" lists) and try to incorporate some of those features into the bank's culture. I understand Whitney has a certain image they like to project, but it may be time for a makeover on the inside...

11 Other Employee Reviews for Whitney Holding (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work, poor place to grow.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Whitney Holding

Pros

Whitney takes very good care of its employees, particularly evident after Katrina. Whitney is a good member of the communities it serves.

Cons

Senior management has not communicated well with regions outside of New Orleans about the direction of the bank. Mediocrity is rewarded and incompetency is tolerated at all levels within the organization.

Communication should be improved and be more consistent across the bank's footprint.

Great starting job

Former Employee - Team Leader I Bank Operations  in  Harahan, LA
    Former Employee - Team Leader I Bank Operations in Harahan, LA

I worked at Whitney Holding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Willing to train
    Freedom to do additional projects
    Open door policy in the group I worked with

Cons

Compensation in the operations area is the hugest drawback but that's pretty normal across the industry.
    Not the easiest company to move into a new role.

Give internal employees a spot on the manager trainee program. I understand you want to bring in recent grads but put some weight behind excellent employee's track records.

There are newer employer reviews for Whitney Holding

Worked for Whitney Holding? Contribute to the Community!