There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Low Pay and Bad Benefits in I.T

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Probably the best reason to work at Whole Foods is the work life balance. People are generally friendly and the work can be interesting.

Cons

In the I.T. department, salaries and benefits are way below average. At a benefit category 2, which covers most Programmer/Analysts I's and II's, you only get 15 days off a year. No holidays, no sick time. Just 15 days. The health care plan is one of the worst I have ever had.

You are losing very good people in I.T because of salary and benefit issues. We love Whole Foods. It is so hard to drink the koolaide though when your pay and benefits are so low compared to our peers in Austin.

1417 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

Whole Foods Market: A Whole Spirit, Mind and Body healthy working experience.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Whole Foods encourage their employees to move around the store to different areas and departments to encourage job growth development and knowledge.
    All of the Assistant Team Leaders are encourage to visit other stores and move around and gain leadership experience in order to become new Team Leaders and so that they move upwards and create openings for other Team Members to move upwards.
    WFM encourages job development and training constantly. The open door policy of managements means that issues can be resolved quickly.
    WFM changes and adapts the neighbourhood that they are in, and tries to find like minded people to work at the store.
    WFM encourages guest relations and really encourages TM to treat guests as if this were a neighbourhood grocer in a small town, where "everyone knows your name!". Guests treat WFM employees differently to other stores, because all employees are empowered by TL's to take the initiative and improvise when it comes to giving a guest great service.
    WFM TM are treated as intelligent individuals with an opinion and a life outside of the store, rather than supermarket monkey's.
    The Team Members Awareness Group really tries to make contact with all TM's and acts as a liaison between TM's and TL's, helping to bring to the TL's attention issues and problems that would not normally be exposed..... therefore helping to stop ":mutiny within the ranks!"
    WFM has a wonderful global and earth awareness philosophy, which they constantly try to educate and teach guests and TMs. So they really practice what they preach and WFM tries to find like-minded people to work for them. Everyone that works at WFM is enthusiastic about working there and about incorporating the philosophy within their own lives.

Cons

Sometimes the training and development of staff get left behind when the store goes through a rough patch and Leaders struggle to pick up the pace again. Part Timers should also be offered better benefits for service hours.
    TL need to collaborate more on working standards and expectations as working with different TL and shift supervisors leads to confusion in the TM ranks.

Focus on up training; WFM University, and giving Team Members the skills and knowledge to move upwards. Although TL encourage the move, there needs to be more opportunities to train and more opportunities to give TM access to the wealth of knowledge that WFM has at its disposal.

The Cake is a lie, but it has some Organic ingredients

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Affordable benefits for me and my family. Green Mission programs that are gaining momentum.

Cons

Closing shift then Opening shift Scheduling , Working conditions(lack of space almost unsafe), One Team Member who brings everyones moral down. This individual was recognized by John Mackey for excellent customer service. John received a letter about the situation and asked store leadership to highlight this Team Member. John should have inquired into this letters authenticity and the individuals merit.
    Now that Team Members daily poor performance is excused and is granted special privileges. I can only comment on conditions that are specific to Orlando, Whole Foods.

I think the Senior Management (executive coordinators and VPs) should work a true 40 hour shift as a Team Member. Close/open schedule and be asked to stay late because the dish washer quit the day before. The biggest reason for this advice is to have Management deal with customers and hear exactly what they want. We have wandered away from that in the Florida region, our affluent snow bird customers tell me regularly. I pass this on to them in Fort Lauderdale, but falls on deaf ears.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!