Whole Foods Market

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

cool

Current Employee - Customer Service in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (more than an year)

Pros

you get profit sharing plus the 10$ per hr and a raise every 6 mth

Cons

attendance injuries and little mistakes can be taking way to seriously, and they won't think twice about letting someone go even 5 yrs members

write up should not last a whole year
mistakes happens

1583 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

Whole Foods Market is an amazing place to learn about organics, and the impact of food upon your health.

Former Employee - Concierge in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Concierge in Dallas, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Whole Foods is very clear about their company culture. Whole foods is very serious about being faithful to their culture. The stores are a fun environment. The food and products are the highest quality. The company is very multi-culti in their employees and guests. People who may not even be considered in a more mainstream work environment are welcomed and celebrated at Whole Foods. Whole Foods offers a benefits package to part-time and full-time team members that are voted on their team.
    Whole Foods rewards team members who achieve certain health goals.

Cons

Whole Foods lets all of their team members vote on what benefits will be offered. At the time I worked at this company, the team members had voted to not pay for prescriptions for mental health conditions. In my opinion this led to alot of team members that would benefit from taking their prescribed medication for mental health not taking their medications as they were not affordable. If you take prescribed medications for mental health, or even anxiety, this is not the company for you. Also, consider that you will be working with people that may not be able to afford needed medication.
    Whole Foods does offer all team members a discount on all products in the store. At the time I worked there, most team members could not afford to eat at Whole Foods.
    At the time I worked I consistently saw much older employees being given the same work to do as teenagers. There would be 60 year old women sent out to clear carts off a hot parking lot while teenage boys were inside with the AC checking groceries.
    I did not find the pay fair or competitive. It is hard to make a profit working at this company. I had to work 2 other jobs at the same time to support my family.
    In order to get hours at the stores I worked at, you were required to be available all shifts. Be prepared to work night weekends and holidays.

Keep encouraging people to grow. Learn how to put your aces in their places. Consider promoting people based on their skill set and experience.

This is not just a grocery store but a social experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Whole Foods has been around for over thirty years and through out this time it has grown to be a place for everyone to find the best food and social gatherings in their area! It seems to be evolving very well with it's surroundings.

Cons

It is hard to say what i don't like about whole foods. I would like to say that it can take some time to get the position that you really want. While waiting for that opportunity, do the best you can with what you have and it should pay off.

Keep doing what your doing. The programs that are being put in place to help team members move up and around in the company are excellent and they should only get better. It stays true to the core values; "Supporting team member happiness and excellence", and "Creating wealth through profits and growth".

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market