There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

I like it but nothing is perfect.

Current Employee - Team Member in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Team Member in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

It's cool to be part of good food and a company that does a good job giving back. There is allot of job security and the benefits are great. 20% discount on almost any products in the store, a great medical plan that can include dental and vision for $10 and $5 a month respectively.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary except we draw a very needy clientele. Think customer service at its worst. Not all of the customers are like this but it's disproportionate compared to other places I have worked.

Hard to say. They do a good job. More in-touch then some other places.

1487 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

Don't be fooled, it's not horrible, but it's no better than anywhere else.

Current Employee - Administration in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Administration in Boston, MA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Whole Foods has a decent starting wage which is great. They also have some decent benefits such as the gainsharing program and Bonus Bucks. You are able to be an individual and come up with your own ideas, style etc....

I also love the emphasis they place on learning. The madness trainings are a great way to get employees interested in products from other departments. This enables them to be better at answering customer's questions and giving excellent customer service.

Also Whole foods is a very diverse company with employees from every race, culture, and creed. It is not uncommon to have trainings in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese. Occasionally and where needed there is translation in additional languages. I know of many people who started at whole foods working "back of the house" with very few English skills. Because of the proper training they received they were able to move up over time as their English increased and now hold Supervisory and Team Leader positions. The level of diversity is unprecidented.

Cons

When you work at Whole Foods, there is very little room for error. I have seen employees written up for the smallest of infractions. The expectations are extremely high at this company and if they decide they don't like you it is VERY easy and common for them to let you go.

The merger with Wild Oats was an absolute disaster. I saw many folks forced out of positions, forced to take cuts in pay, and just generally disrespected. The Wild Oats employees were given no consideration of their prior skills and were made to start "at the bottom" often at several dollars less an hour than what they had been making prior to the merger. It was sad and infuriating to see.

Also they put on a front like they have this "team" mentality where everyone is equal. It's a joke. Supposedly the whole team votes on promotions and such, but it is a facade. The management makes the decisions and the pions are made to vote as the management tells them to.

Start walking your talk. Don't pretend to be something you are not. Get back to your roots. Listen to your employees.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Grocery Team Member
    Current Employee - Grocery Team Member

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Overall great place. The people there are truly different when it comes to customer service. We provide the best service and do our best to have the best product knowledge possible when it comes to answering customer questions.
    You get to learn about many different products, organic and all natural. Many of these products you would have never heard of until you work there. I have now started to get all my juice and milk products from there. You really can tell a difference when it comes to things like these. I just love learning new things everyday, and maybe making that new customers day. Hopefully turning that customer into a frequent Whole Foods Shopper.....

Cons

The pay isn't the best but it is fair.

Keep up with the great benefits and maybe even start helping with college tuition.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market