There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Family environment, great culture, focused on customer service

Former Employee - Produce Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Produce Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive environment, work with school schedules

Cons

Retail- random hours, inconsistent guidelines

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

A company steadily declining in quality

Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers options for transfers all across the county. Your results may vary; it took me a year to get one, but the opportunity in this industry to do that at all is great. PTO plan is nice and rewards time with the company via increasing PTO contributions. It's a good contingency plan for leaving the company (a pay out in full, less taxes.)

Cons

I joined the company in 2008. Since then they have opened dozens of new stores and posted all-times sales records dozens of times in the two stores I've worked at. All the while labor was cut, employee benefit premiums have doubled, and our old policy of hiring Full-Time team members (with the valid reasoning that they make more devoted, happy employees) whenever possible has turned into NEVER hire FT; let em suffer for it. In transferring regionally in a move, I've lost my FT status (benefits, voice, respect(?) ) and have worked FT hours since the week I got here. Shady. I feel like the pressure applied to management over the last few years with lofty and unreasonable sales goals attached to lower labor budgets and new leadership agendas that work to lessen the role their team plays has severely hurt the quality of leadership within the company, on the team level and above.

Advice to Management

I have no idea what you could do. I see it as the size and position of the company that's hurting it so much. The agendas and goals coming down from regional and corporate offices seem incredibly destructive to the culture WFM has spent 32 years creating. You're losing your support and belief in the company from the bottom up. I see a lot of disgust and resentment on your floors recently.

No leadership

Former Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Tustin, CA
    Former Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Tustin, CA

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent discounts, good product selection, and some of the employees and managers are there to encourage you to keep on.

Cons

Their is no leadership here whatsoever. I never met any store manager or did any upper management ever come up to me and welcome me to the "team". Very disappointed in their lack of vision for the store.

Advice to Management

Say hi to your employees. Make yourself aware that you care for your employees and are interested in them.