Family environment, great culture, focused on customer service

Former Employee - Produce Team Member  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Produce Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Positive environment, work with school schedules

Cons

Retail- random hours, inconsistent guidelines

Other Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Bakery TM

Current Employee - Bakery TM  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Bakery TM in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time for less than a year

Pros

Whole Foods is a quality company, They promote good values and are wondderful company to work for.

Cons

In my exprience you really have to be on the ball, never late, rarely call out. If you work in food services it means you sometimes work sick... I have had issues with leadership but I have been told by whole foods employees at other stores that it is a unique exprience to my store.

A company steadily declining in quality

Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company offers options for transfers all across the county. Your results may vary; it took me a year to get one, but the opportunity in this industry to do that at all is great. PTO plan is nice and rewards time with the company via increasing PTO contributions. It's a good contingency plan for leaving the company (a pay out in full, less taxes.)

Cons

I joined the company in 2008. Since then they have opened dozens of new stores and posted all-times sales records dozens of times in the two stores I've worked at. All the while labor was cut, employee benefit premiums have doubled, and our old policy of hiring Full-Time team members (with the valid reasoning that they make more devoted, happy employees) whenever possible has turned into NEVER hire FT; let em suffer for it. In transferring regionally in a move, I've lost my FT status (benefits, voice, respect(?) ) and have worked FT hours since the week I got here. Shady.
    I feel like the pressure applied to management over the last few years with lofty and unreasonable sales goals attached to lower labor budgets and new leadership agendas that work to lessen the role their team plays has severely hurt the quality of leadership within the company, on the team level and above.

I have no idea what you could do. I see it as the size and position of the company that's hurting it so much. The agendas and goals coming down from regional and corporate offices seem incredibly destructive to the culture WFM has spent 32 years creating. You're losing your support and belief in the company from the bottom up. I see a lot of disgust and resentment on your floors recently.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!