There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Over all pleasant, but too tree hugging.

Former Employee - Receiver in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Receiver in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Though upon my leaving benefits where being redacted to lesser levels. Over all attitude of most employees is pleasant though could also be cloy-ish. But this allowed the atmosphere of work to be decent enough depending on your position and work load, because reasonably understood not all is equal.

Cons

Too "you need to care about organic food and the environment". Some attitude is that of organic is superior and with out fault. Many of the customers were the worst self-entitled minded people I have ever met.

Advice to Management

Bring back some of the old benefits that were removed.

reviews filtered by

Bakery TM

Current Employee - Bakery TM in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Bakery TM in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Whole Foods is a quality company, They promote good values and are wondderful company to work for.

Cons

In my exprience you really have to be on the ball, never late, rarely call out. If you work in food services it means you sometimes work sick... I have had issues with leadership but I have been told by whole foods employees at other stores that it is a unique exprience to my store.

2. Great to work at a place that encourages positive social and environmental impact

Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels good to work at a place that is not singularly focused on the bottom line, but also encourages workers and customers to be eat healthy and be responsible for the sake of the environment. Managers treat employees fairly and considerately. The team is usually in good spirits and there are very few issues with different personalities. There is clear communication and understanding of responsibilities.

Cons

Customers can be demanding and not particularly considerate. Parking is a bit of an issue. You are required to work many holidays.