Tough to land a job.

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well defined responsibnilities...with decision making leeway. Friendly. Encourages suggestions.

Cons

Took forever to get through the interview process.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Excellent to satisfactory on and off long term experience

Current Employee - Team Leader in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

benefits, ethos, culture, integrity, did cation to food safety

Cons

changes to benefits to adapt to global change. Too much growths o lack of morale and ethos

Advice to Management

Take leadership and communications courses. Do your own personal work outside of the workplace. Will make a more efficient, thoughtful and respected leader. You will have better sales and will move up faster

A company steadily declining in quality

Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers options for transfers all across the county. Your results may vary; it took me a year to get one, but the opportunity in this industry to do that at all is great. PTO plan is nice and rewards time with the company via increasing PTO contributions. It's a good contingency plan for leaving the company (a pay out in full, less taxes.)

Cons

I joined the company in 2008. Since then they have opened dozens of new stores and posted all-times sales records dozens of times in the two stores I've worked at. All the while labor was cut, employee benefit premiums have doubled, and our old policy of hiring Full-Time team members (with the valid reasoning that they make more devoted, happy employees) whenever possible has turned into NEVER hire FT; let em suffer for it. In transferring regionally in a move, I've lost my FT status (benefits, voice, respect(?) ) and have worked FT hours since the week I got here. Shady. I feel like the pressure applied to management over the last few years with lofty and unreasonable sales goals attached to lower labor budgets and new leadership agendas that work to lessen the role their team plays has severely hurt the quality of leadership within the company, on the team level and above.

Advice to Management

I have no idea what you could do. I see it as the size and position of the company that's hurting it so much. The agendas and goals coming down from regional and corporate offices seem incredibly destructive to the culture WFM has spent 32 years creating. You're losing your support and belief in the company from the bottom up. I see a lot of disgust and resentment on your floors recently.