There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

benefits are crap, hours are long, they pay peanuts

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Great food, terrific values that they stand behind, wonderful people to work with.I don't fault those that rise from the bottom to the top. That is one of the best things about whole foods, that you can start a cashier and make six figures managing a store (with no degree) five years later. But there are only a few store manager positions...

Cons

Benefits start with a $1500 deductible the first year. Absolutely impossible to use the meager vacation time (one week) I was allotted (you build up PTO hours but you also have use them for Christmas, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, (no holidays built in) so I rarely got any time to see my family. Horrible work life balance. Salary for my work and responsibilities was way below market value. They do not pay well unless you make it to store manager.

Keep making money I guess.

1433 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

Was not the "100 Best Places to Work" job I expected it to be, I left a great job and totally regret the move.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Casual dress code, really that was about it.

Cons

Bad benefits, no organization, no process and procedures, management had no backbone, too many cliques

Accept change as a good thing, just because it's not the "whole foods" way doesn't mean it's not a good idea

A company that used to stand for something...

Current Employee - HRM
    Current Employee - HRM

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

There used to be a lot of reasons to work for WFM...now? Not so much. Much of what the company used to stand for has now fallen by the wayside as the effort to make more and more money, purchase more and more competition and be the best in the industry has quashed most of the company's real integrity. I know because I have worked at the Administrative level, and at the Regional level and I see and hear the Regional and Companywide edicts and views.

Cons

The company cares more about making money than "team member happiness" which is one of our "core values" that they promote so hard. A regional president told me that without Team Member Happiness this company would be nothing. Really? Then why do they continue to waste money and energy on silly regional parties, newsletters with expensive graphic design of our regional president's VAIN face plastered all over it, online classes and trainings that the stores neither have time nor money to promote, large bonuses to Store managers that keep the bottom line down (IE downsizing the employees, keeping wages low and hiring PART TIMERS WHO CANNOT GET BENEFITS-which is the newest cost saver haha! hire 20 part timers who cannot get benefits due to our policy instead of 10 full timers you'd have to pay more and offer free benefits to!) They constantly eliminate positions for store support in Admin, and then lump the job duties that the old positions used to take care of onto the remaining few! So now I'm underpaid, overworked and fed up! They are so afraid of us Unionizing that they held 5 hour long classes for managment, detailing how to bypass unionizers, how to encourage TM's that Unions are bad and only out for their own gain. Then they MADE each TM take a Union Awareness class in which they made them watch powerpoint presentations on the Evils of Unions...

GET REAL! Come spend a few weeks at the store & regional level and see the favoritism, negligent spending, hypocrisy for yourselves!

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!