There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

benefits are crap, hours are long, they pay peanuts

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great food, terrific values that they stand behind, wonderful people to work with.I don't fault those that rise from the bottom to the top. That is one of the best things about whole foods, that you can start a cashier and make six figures managing a store (with no degree) five years later. But there are only a few store manager positions...

Cons

Benefits start with a $1500 deductible the first year. Absolutely impossible to use the meager vacation time (one week) I was allotted (you build up PTO hours but you also have use them for Christmas, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, (no holidays built in) so I rarely got any time to see my family. Horrible work life balance. Salary for my work and responsibilities was way below market value. They do not pay well unless you make it to store manager.

Advice to Management

Keep making money I guess.

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Good store, bad region

Current Employee - Team Member in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Nashville, TN

Pros

The pay is good, and the benefits are better than anywhere else. You get the feeling that your other team members and management really care about you and want you to succeed. Depending on where you work, the job can be very flexible and self led or very structured, it just depends on what you do.

Cons

With all of that being said, there is a ridiculous amount of drama going on at my store. Regional leadership seems unwilling to do anything about it, and sometimes instigates it. Regional leadership is incompetent, and has lied to team members, but corporate is unwilling to reprimand them because the region is making a lot of money. This is only really my region, and I've heard that other regions are ten times better managed than ours.

Advice to Management

Listen to team member complaints, they usually are valid. Follow through with actual disciplinary action if something occurs, don't just write it off because someone's making the company lots of money.

Was not the "100 Best Places to Work" job I expected it to be, I left a great job and totally regret the move.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

Casual dress code, really that was about it.

Cons

Bad benefits, no organization, no process and procedures, management had no backbone, too many cliques

Advice to Management

Accept change as a good thing, just because it's not the "whole foods" way doesn't mean it's not a good idea