There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Cashier in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

none at all. just take your time at learning new things

Cons

great job great environment and great hours and pay

easy

1527 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

Whole Foods not so wholesome, stay far away...

Former Employee - Team Member in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Team Member in Washington, DC

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, gain-sharing/labor surplus *if* you're elected by your peers to be eligible for this. Occasional events done for the community. Some of the people are genuine, friendly, hard working individuals.

Cons

Efficient management is non-existent, doesn't matter how hard/good a worker you are as long as you kiss butt, quality of prepared foods and kitchen standards are horrible. Morale is really low, making team members angry and frustrated. And NOBODY takes any accountability for their actions.

Update: After working my new job, it just puts into perspective how horrible my experience at whole foods was. I even worked a graveyard shift as a porter at a 'competing' company a long time ago, and working as a team member/supervisor/department yes man here was worse than that.

The company claims to be an advocate for 'team member happiness', but they could care less as long as sales are being met. It would be nice if management actually listened to their team members when they have concerns. People need to admit to their own mistakes so solutions can be made much quicker, and innocent individuals aren't wrongly blamed.

Dont drink the juice

Former Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Chicago, IL

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company as a whole is very good. They mean well and take good care of their employees. They spend a lot more time and money on educating employees than most would.

Cons

Depending on your store and leadership, it seemed to me that they were more focused on moving from day to day, and not getting yelled at. I found that they did not listen to team member unless there was a threat of legal ramification. I worked there for three years, but as I grew, I noticed how they worked and how if you wanted to move up in the company, it was more about playing a game than working hard.

Follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the work is done by 20% of the employees. That 20% are not the supervisors you hired to shift blame, but it is the team members who annoy you constantly with requests and issues that need attention.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market