Whole Foods Market

www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

The company strives for high ideals and education, but disinterested management is comfortable spouting rhetoric.

Former Employee - Cashier in Edgewater, NJ
Former Employee - Cashier in Edgewater, NJ

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is good; there is an attempt to hire genuinely interested employees who fit into the current Whole Foods narrative; the work environment itself is attractively modern.

Cons

Store leadership arbitrarily chooses which programs and policies matter to them. At certain stores (my previous store) the much-acclaimed "green mission" of Whole Foods Market was completely dead. The store no longer even composted, and most employees couldn't separate the compost/recycling types if they had tried. Fast employee turnover in the front end.

1767 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

great company

Current Employee - Bakery Associate Team Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Bakery Associate Team Leader in Washington, DC

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

positive environment, great benefits, health care

Cons

not very glamorous, sucking up to rude customers all day

Be kind and focus on positivity. Poor attitudes are quickly pushed to the side.

Enjoyable overall, but pushing too hard

Current Employee - Specialty Team Member
    Current Employee - Specialty Team Member

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My team is like my family, salary, gainsharing, benefits, they give good incentive to better yourself, helps get involved with community, fast paced and upbeat

Cons

Labor budget!!! Often work my department by myself for 8 hours, haven't taken a break in months, work off the clock constantly to keep STL and regional happy with the department, STL shows favoritism and has disregarded certain offenses due to this. Know multiple TMs who have traded sexual favors to get ahead... Upper management can help every department but specialty or whole body, pushes us so hard to the point where it's NO LONGER ENCOURAGING, just plain stressful especially without any help. Often work until morning hours to finish work load, some customers are just plain awful and you deal with them on the regular

Needs to cross train ASTLs and STLs so they can help out every department and not just prep foods and produce, meat department spends last hour of shift reading a magazine.. Perhaps cut their labor budget and give to those who need it. My department is extremely labor intensive and just because the budget works for one region does not mean it will work for all. Certain departments should have a different starting salary. Hurts to know baggers and cashiers make more than me and don't know what IRMA is or our sells. Cross train all team members in order to add back up to those who need it.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market