Fantastic!

Current Employee - Healthy Eating Specialist in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Healthy Eating Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They truly care. They care about the team members, the customers, the environment, and the world. I have never worked somewhere that seemed like their main goal was to make a difference and do good things. Of course Whole Foods has to make money to stay in business, but their business is so much more than profit. It seems cliche and I might not have believed it myself until I started working there. The company is led by their core values and if they start going astray they always come back to them because that is truly what they are about.

Cons

The insurance benefits aren't as good as I would have expected, however they do offer a PWA or HSA that as time goes on you earn more and more money per year to off-set health expenses. The schedule and flexibility the job requires is not for everyone. Not many people get a 9-5 schedule Monday through Friday. This is not a negative for everyone, but something to be aware of if applying.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Depends on Team Leader

I worked at Whole Foods Market

Pros

20% discount Friendly co workers/customers Great job for high school/college students A lot of free food

Cons

Very strict attendance policy Work experience depends on Team Leader, they can be pretty bad Get written up each time you are late no matter what

Advice to Management

Very profitable company but that doesn't translate to salary, pay needs to be better across the board, allow some room for interpretation of policy, you lose a lot of people due to strict policies.

Hard to get ahead.

Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Buyer/Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with a lot of passionate and dedicated people. If you are dedicated you will have job security because natural and organic foods are on the rise.

Cons

You must really be dedicated and very flexible because the hours and compensation don't match up. There is also a very high rate of turnover and the stress of the job can be seen on anyone in a leadership role.

Advice to Management

Give better pay and hours for specialist.