Whole Foods Market

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Fantastic!

Current Employee - Healthy Eating Specialist in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Healthy Eating Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They truly care. They care about the team members, the customers, the environment, and the world. I have never worked somewhere that seemed like their main goal was to make a difference and do good things. Of course Whole Foods has to make money to stay in business, but their business is so much more than profit. It seems cliche and I might not have believed it myself until I started working there. The company is led by their core values and if they start going astray they always come back to them because that is truly what they are about.

Cons

The insurance benefits aren't as good as I would have expected, however they do offer a PWA or HSA that as time goes on you earn more and more money per year to off-set health expenses. The schedule and flexibility the job requires is not for everyone. Not many people get a 9-5 schedule Monday through Friday. This is not a negative for everyone, but something to be aware of if applying.

1710 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

Good Company, good benefits but needs more experienced leadership

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time

Pros

Employee benefits are good as well as work life balance. You'll have the opportunity to jump from dept to dept if you desire.

Cons

Most senior management positions are filled with people who do not have experience...

Great culture and benefits

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount brings your shopping there to about the same as outside the store. Accumulation of paid time off. Decent health care plan.

Cons

Experiences depends on the department you go to. Some can be political and that will kill your chance when you are up to be voted on or off the "team."

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market