Whole Foods Market

www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Good pay, horrible medical, and worst working experience ever.

Customer Service Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) West Hartford, CT

ProsThe hourly pay for asst team leaders and team leaders, is much higher than most retail jobs in the area. The dress code, is great, very little wasn't allowed. The discount was nice when it came to buying your weekly groceries.

ConsIt seems like every day was exactly the same. I worked awful hours, it seemed like I never had time to spend with my family or friends. When you work 12-8:30 everyday, you have no time for yourself. They trained you to do the job for the first month, then just expect you to read minds there after. The medical benefits are awful. Yes, after 800 service hours the company pays for it- but you have a $1300 delectable, and no co pay- and pay a lot out of pocket. You could request time off for a vacation or like me your honeymoon, and not get it- because something came up or staffing was too short. There is no communication between manager that are actually on the floor and the managers who sit in their offices. If someone is very sick and at work because they don't want to miss the time, they send them home and count them as absent, the same goes for being in the hospital.

I have heard that some stores are great to work for, but in my experience at my old store it was nothing less then a nightmare. I truly liked 95% of the people I worked with and it killed me to hear upper management always trash people then be nice to their face.

Also, the company claims to be all about the environment, and the care of animals- but they only tell the press and customers what they want them to hear. For example, whole foods has vegetarian feed, cage free eggs- and tell customers that the chickens are able to run freely on farms, when in fact they are confided to a barn. Hundreds of them. Not really too far for the chickens- or the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the blinders off, stop always agreeing with certain managers and not others. Take the time to get to know the team members instead of just hear say. People are very cut throat to make more money and are willing to stab people in the back, and say whatever to get there. So stop listening to the rumors yourself, and get on the sales floor and see for yourself.

Also, if you are all about how John Mackey does things, why don't store manager actually do it instead of just talking about it. Lead by example, you can't hold some team members accountable but not others. That isn't how John Mackey would want things.

Great Place to Work!!!

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros: Team oriented concept employee empowerment great benefits (company pays for your family… Cons: Whole Foods Market is expanding the number of stores worldwide. It will… Advice to Senior Management: Keep motivating the employees. Get back to the basics of Whole… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Team leaders are not qualifies

Produce Team (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros: Good benefits despite poor medical coverage. Cons: Some of the rudest team leaders I have ever worked with. Most of them seemed under-qualified and unable to listen to reason. Extreme favoritism… Advice to Senior Management: Ever hear of human resources? Or discretion for that matter. Promotion should not be based on how attracted you are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Whole Foods Market.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!