Whole Foods Market

www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Good pay, horrible medical, and worst working experience ever.

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant Team Leader  in  West Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant Team Leader in West Hartford, CT

Pros

The hourly pay for asst team leaders and team leaders, is much higher than most retail jobs in the area. The dress code, is great, very little wasn't allowed. The discount was nice when it came to buying your weekly groceries.

Cons

It seems like every day was exactly the same. I worked awful hours, it seemed like I never had time to spend with my family or friends. When you work 12-8:30 everyday, you have no time for yourself. They trained you to do the job for the first month, then just expect you to read minds there after. The medical benefits are awful. Yes, after 800 service hours the company pays for it- but you have a $1300 delectable, and no co pay- and pay a lot out of pocket. You could request time off for a vacation or like me your honeymoon, and not get it- because something came up or staffing was too short. There is no communication between manager that are actually on the floor and the managers who sit in their offices. If someone is very sick and at work because they don't want to miss the time, they send them home and count them as absent, the same goes for being in the hospital.

I have heard that some stores are great to work for, but in my experience at my old store it was nothing less then a nightmare. I truly liked 95% of the people I worked with and it killed me to hear upper management always trash people then be nice to their face.

Also, the company claims to be all about the environment, and the care of animals- but they only tell the press and customers what they want them to hear. For example, whole foods has vegetarian feed, cage free eggs- and tell customers that the chickens are able to run freely on farms, when in fact they are confided to a barn. Hundreds of them. Not really too far for the chickens- or the customers.

Take the blinders off, stop always agreeing with certain managers and not others. Take the time to get to know the team members instead of just hear say. People are very cut throat to make more money and are willing to stab people in the back, and say whatever to get there. So stop listening to the rumors yourself, and get on the sales floor and see for yourself.

Also, if you are all about how John Mackey does things, why don't store manager actually do it instead of just talking about it. Lead by example, you can't hold some team members accountable but not others. That isn't how John Mackey would want things.

Other reviews for Whole Foods Market

Great Place to Work!!!

Pros

Team oriented concept
    employee empowerment
    great benefits (company pays for your family insurance after a certain number of hours worked)

Cons

Whole Foods Market is expanding the number of stores worldwide. It will be a tougher challenge to keep the standards the same at all stores.

Keep motivating the employees. Get back to the basics of Whole Foods. Call out the green practices, local standpoint, and environmental issues.

Team leaders are not qualifies

Current Employee - Produce Team  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Produce Team in Columbus, OH

Pros

Good benefits despite poor medical coverage.

Cons

Some of the rudest team leaders I have ever worked with. Most of them seemed under-qualified and unable to listen to reason. Extreme favoritism shown to some employees without merit. Scheduling was terrible and unfair. I lost a second job because they were unwilling to work with my schedule, even though i informed them before I took the second job and was told it would be no problem.

Ever hear of human resources? Or discretion for that matter. Promotion should not be based on how attracted you are to an employee or the size of their breasts. Do not blow off a team member that has a problem.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!