There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Meat Cutter in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Meat Cutter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, plenty of opportunity to advance in this fast growing company. Also very flexible with hours.

Cons

Pay is not the greatest, but it's just enough. Plus good healthcare and perks.

Remember what it's like to actually work in the stores when you plan them. It often seems as though are working against us.

1506 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

A great place to work, but tough to make a career out of

Former Employee - Specialty/Wine Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Specialty/Wine Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are incredible and it was encouraged to have a work/life balance. The company really works to give all team members great knowledge of the products. Leadership seemed to do a good job of getting team members who were really passionate about their jobs and the products they were selling.

Cons

I had two issues during my time there, both close to when I left. The first is that the region had a large management training program. Being one of the more experienced team members I was often assigned to train new team members, including management trainees. It was disheartening to train people who would be my boss within a month or two. It seemed to me that it was difficult to advance without being a part of this program. Fortunantly the program was only confined to the stores in a single region.
    Second, I was told after 4.5 years of employment that while HR records were being digitized, the copy of my social security card had been lose and I needed to provide a new one within 24 hours or I would be terminated. Fortunately I had worked in several locations and had an HR contact who went to bat for me and everything had worked out.

Some locations use internal promotions almost exclusively when finding new leadership, but it's bad for morale when all promotions come out of a management training program not open to current employees.

teammember

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time

Pros

pay, benefits, free food, discount

Cons

corporate brainwashing, micromanagement, poorly trained management

practice what you preach