Whole Foods Market

www.wholefoodsmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Great place to work

Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

people, both team members and cusomers

Cons

none yet, really great company

1708 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

I'd do it all again, too!

Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people. Whole Foods brings the best people to their stores when it comes to team members. As far as leadership is concerned, it is usually hit or miss. They are either awesome or awful. The pay is decent. The insurance is decent if you're single. And you can pretty much choose your schedule if you've been there long enough.

Cons

If your boss is horrible at their job it doesn't always get corrected. And they tend to turn a blind eye when team leaders treat their team members poorly. Team member happiness and excellence has gone by the wayside since the recession. Also, they will let a customer yell in your face and then give them their stuff for free.

Stop the pointless meetings. For the love of all that is holy. Nobody wants to come in at 6am after closing. There are people who have to ride several busses, commute and then have to come back to close again. There are people who lose two full hours of their opening and have to play catch up all day, all for a meeting where there is some game involved, or a bunch of information that could very easily be posted by the time clock or tmag or anywhere. TMs don't need a meeting every month to recognize greatness, either. Once every three would be sufficient. Everything else would be posted, and those who couldn't hear a single word anyway would have something tangible to read and actually feel like information was conveyed. Please. As a team member who has been around almost a decade, I can tell you THIS is what kills morale. I appreciate everything Whole Foods has done for me, but too often things that are important fall beneath the radar.

Fun, friendly-environment. Every day is something new

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Getting to move around within the company and store, great benefits, good pay for what it is

Cons

The management and leadership picks favorites based on friendship and not good work

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market