Positive

Former Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits for retail. Environment is very relaxed but there is a lot of room for advancement. I had only positive experiences with fellow team members and team leaders.

Cons

It is still retail after all, customers can be very demanding.

Advice to Management

Not be too comfortable in position.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lot of opportunities and the mission of the company is great!

Current Employee - Whole Body Team Member
    Current Employee - Whole Body Team Member

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Lots of opportunities to move up, especially if you are willing to relocate
    * in my experience leadership wants to see you grow, and pushes you to succeed, people are great about taking the time to teach you things
    * benefits such as health and dental insurance and a discount for being healthy
    * work with some great people and feel like I'm part of a team
    * lots of great programs and opoportunities in the company to take advantage of and the culture is pretty great

Cons

*have to have open availability for full time, which means it's hard to get a second job if needed, but then again it's retail so that's to be expected
    *schedule changes from week to week, this is also a pro if you like having that flexibility
    * while the core values are very inspiring in my personal experience the store I work at does not implement them very well

2. Life Changing

Former Employee - Front End Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Front End Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Whole Foods encourages all of their employees from the front end staff(cashiers) to high level managers to revamp their lifestyles to enocurage living and eating to live. Discounts and Health Insurance are given to part time employees - which includes Chiropractor visits, and other alternative health care professionals.

Cons

Advancement was hard to acheive. It was hard for front end people to move around within the company. Management didnt seem to get involved when employees voiced their concerns about promotional opportunities.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with your lower tiered employees, believe me the front end personnel, can sell the store, or bankrupt the store. If there atitudes are low and funky....and they touch the customer more then any other member...then you know what they are given the customer....