Whole Foods Market

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Poor Career Pathing on Tech Team

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stability, flexible scheduling, work/life balance, up to 30% discount, relaxed work environment, relaxed dress code, mission driven company, really work to live up to core values.

Cons

Poor career path for tech team members. There is an odd mix of leaders who rose through the ranks from time put in and not so much for their qualifications and now a new injection of leaders who have leadership positions just to give them the salary they need to come here from consulting and are thus not true leaders of teams such as ours. All of that adds up to a week career path for other qualified team members. Not to mention that there aren't near enough leaders here from which the team members can model and be mentored by.

Build your bench strength.

1628 Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market (View Most Recent)

Need tattoos and have piercings to advance, apparently..

Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are good especially now during the reign of Obama Care. And they have raised the starting rate to $11 an hr, which again beats the pants off of want the government will do for non federal employees.

Cons

I have been in high level management positions for the last 15 years. As a Chef and F&B Director, my experience out weighs the tiny and trivial experience of the ATL's and TL's surrounding me. I took a $15000.00 a year pay cut to work for WFM to align my personal belief with this company. But all I have seen is NEPOTISM, DISCRIMINATION, and major ASS kissing to advance here. NOTHING IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE. It's all in how you look, if you flirt with your higher ups, and by all means DON"T QUESTION authority. I was actually told by my supervisor and ATL to dumb down my experience, since it was so off putting. Still, I am there day in and day out to support myself and my son, sucking it all up, hoping for a change in the immediate leadership..

Grow up and put the most experienced people in the right positions even if it means your ass isn't being kissed.

I always felt I could do my boss's job.

Current Employee - Grocery Team Member in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Grocery Team Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, decent salary, above-average work environment.

Cons

Deliberately infuriating customers, work hours, consistency of leadership, job recognition.

Set a schedule for yourself and your employees and stick to it. Being a leader does not mean prioritizing five things at once, acting unprofessional when your demands are not met, and going home with a higher paycheck while slacking at your own duties.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market