Great part-time job!

Current Employee - Grocery Team Member  in  North Wales, PA
Current Employee - Grocery Team Member in North Wales, PA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

decent pay, store discount, benefits seem good (I'm part-time and don't need the benefits), profit sharing (if the store does good and is under budget, everyone receives some of the profits), environmentally conscious, sustainability effort, helpfulness of everyone that works there.

Cons

I haven't been working at Whole Foods for very long, so I haven't really seen any downsides. So far it seems like a very good part-time job for me.

At my store the upper management seem really friendly and down to earth. I like their open door policy on any issue that bothers you.

Other Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Decent place to work...For a retail grocer!

Former Employee - Specialty/Wine Team Member  in  Willowbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Specialty/Wine Team Member in Willowbrook, IL

I worked at Whole Foods Market

Pros

It's all about the people you work with. I still stay in contact with my former leaders and team members. Clean, upbeat environment. Learned A LOT about the products I was selling. Flexible hours, decent benefits, ok pay for a retail grocery job. Policies are clearly defined.

Cons

Retail hours and pay aren't the best in the World. Your chance to move up in the company will depend more on whether you are liked than how well your performance is. Customers can be VERY demanding and eccentric. The company almost always sides with a customer over the employee.

Listen more to your team leaders and assistant team leaders. Quit worrying so much when regional is coming to your store.

Advancement and Opportunity

Current Employee - Cashier/CSC  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier/CSC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

Easy going atmosphere
    Great & enthusiastic people to work with - you need to find them and surround yourself with them!
    Amazing food and selection of goodies
    Flexibility
    WFM Quality Standards

Cons

Low pay
    Immature team members
    Passive, inexperienced and young Front End leadership
    Gainsharing not shared store-wide equally between departments
    Some of the Dept leadership have no business being in charge of people - no people skills!
    Team members who don't value WFM by not supporting the store(they don't shop/eat here) and complain of the high prices, i.e. Whole Paycheck mentality

Coach and mentor the young leadership to find positions best suited to the needs of the store and to the individual - creating a win-win. Make people accountable and train them to become more professional. Get rid of the negative folks who do not support the store or their values and are a drain on the dept - we need to hire the right people who really believe and share the same core values!

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!