There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

Life changing

Current Employee - Grocery Team Member in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Grocery Team Member in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

I learn so much! When I started at Whole Foods, I'd never worked in a grocery store and knew very little about organics. I have absorbed so much information and I love being able to share that knowledge with other team members and customers. I love that Whole Foods has core values and that they make a fair attempt to support them every day.

Cons

I have heard from fellow employees that the Whole Foods Market mission is more actively supported and team member happiness is greater in other locations than our own.

I think that stronger, positive communication can always be improved upon.

reviews filtered by
  1. above average grocery store with enthusiastic work culture

Current Employee - Inventory Control in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Control in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

gain share, horizontal movement, friendly atmosphere

Cons

low pay, cold temperature store, average grunt workers

The worst management I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

Pros

co workers and loyal customers

Cons

Very threatening enviorment. Lots of cut throats and backstabbing takes place. many underhanded deals. The only way to get considered for promotion you must be able to treat others wrong. Wholefood throws there "at will" status around as threats to employees. constant write ups for the minor infractions. Extremely high turn around. People come and go. Benefits are horrible.No real sick leave, or vacation pay. They give you Paid time off hours that you must use for everything. sick, vacation, bereavement, etc. They fool the employees into believeing this is great yet it takes forever to accrue any type of pto hours. And then must beg to use those hours.

Do the right thing Im sure all of you would sleep better. Way too much favortism. Why do you ask only certain employees to apply for supervisor positions though others are much more qualified and reliable but do not apply as you make it known who you want which discourages others. Your supervisors are your biggest threat to your company. It is those below you that make you. Remember that.

There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market