Wikimedia Foundation

wikimediafoundation.org

Wikimedia Foundation is changing the world. It's not easy, but does world-changing sound easy?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSome of the smartest people in tech. A non-profit that's changing the definition of the term. Insane velocity. The chance to have your work affect hundreds of millions of readers. Get involved with the most complex and fascinating community on the net. Your friends and peers will be impressed. Wicked problems abound.

ConsBreak-neck velocity. All the challenges and nuttiness of a tech start-up, and all of the intensity too. Wikimedia is not a 'break' from your current job - it's probably double the workload and double the complexity.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus and more focus. Senior management is currently working on helping staff zoom in on core projects. This will help staff get something big done sooner, and give everyone a real sense of accomplishment. Getting things done really matters.

Dedicated, mission driven, growing organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wikimedia Foundation

Pros: All the passion of a mission driven non-profit, with crazy smart staff. Excellent… Cons: Yes, it's a non-profit so comp isn't as high as tech companies, but staff are here for the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep working to clarify policies and improve efficiency. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fast Paced, closed management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wikimedia Foundation

Pros: Room for growth and progression, great co-workers Cons: Management are a closed coup, and disconnected from the community. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wikimedia Foundation.

Worked for Wikimedia Foundation? Contribute to the Community!