Wilbur Smith Associates

Unclaimed Profile
Add Review

It's OK

I have been working at Wilbur Smith Associates

Pros

They are very slow to let people go when the work slows down. Laid back environment and not demanding. Easy to work at, very slow pace.

Cons

No room for advancement if that is what you wnat. The word overtime is a sin. The benefits package is sketchy and no one tells you the rules unless you break them. Absolutely no out of the box thinking is allowed. If you are ready to pack it in this is the place.

Advice to Management

Move into this milenia, adopt a real work process. Have employees anonymouslly review the managment. After all this is an employee owned company the employees should have a voice other that their voting of the board.

reviews filtered by
  1. Planning analyst at an intern level

Current Employee - Planning Intern in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Planning Intern in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wilbur Smith Associates

Pros

Great opportunity to learn, lots of great software and opportunity to learn how to use it and apply it right away.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't an exact task that you need to complete, that was hard for me to sometimes just float around.

Advice to Management

Make sure that all of the employees have tasks to complete and help them accomplish those, make sure they know what they're are supposed to be doing.

2. Enjoyed working in my location. However, HQ decisions and interoffice rivalry created problems.

I worked at Wilbur Smith Associates

Pros

I worked on many interesting projects. My branch office had a professional yet friendly environment. I had several opportunities for regional travel.

Cons

Corporate HQ very slow to approve or update computer hardware and software resources. Project management system software was overly complex. Branch office rivalries led to lost marketing and project opportunities.

Advice to Management

See "Cons" above per technology needs. Branch offices I dealt with tended to be parochial in outlook and competitive within firm. Lack of coordination led to lost business.