There are newer employer reviews for WildBlue

Overall a great place to work.

Former Employee - NOC Technician in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - NOC Technician in Englewood, CO

I worked at WildBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are the best. Benefits were above average. The company vision was well know.

Cons

New management was not sure of what WildBlue really did and how. Some managers were indecisive and often changed their directIons in mid stream. Turnover started to affect day to day.

Listen to the employees. They are talking as they leave but you are not listening.

8 Other Employee Reviews for WildBlue (View Most Recent)

Miserable.

Former Employee - Representative in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Representative in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at WildBlue

Pros

Decent starting salary (very decent compared to some similar positions), but not enough to compensate for the utter misery that was working for this company.

Cons

The longest, most obsessively pedantic hiring process I have ever experienced. Absolutely zero useful training. Almost no useful assistance or communication from management.

There is almost nothing good to say about working for this company. It took them nearly three months just to hire me, due to all the background checks and back-and-forth communications between the Viasat corporate offices in San Diego and the WildBlue offices in denver. I was interviewed no less than three times, by three different people, who clearly did not communicate to each other, because after what ended up being my final interview I was released and told to go home, when in reality they still wanted to interview me with a FOURTH person, but hadn't told the person I was interviewing with previously.

Save for two or three unique individuals, the people I worked with had a tendency to be back-stabbing, gossip-mongering, irritable, unhelpful, and completely unsympathetic. This company has treated its staff so poorly that the only people left are those who love punishment. These are the people who thrive in an environment where they are continually being beaten down by management, and anyone who doesn't love that kind of environment is actively shunned, discouraged, and eventually, given the boot.

What's more, they don't treat their customers much better. They don't follow their own policies, there is no accountability for what's going on "behind the scenes," and they expect people with the skill level of untrained monkeys (in this case, myself) to be able to resolve customer issues about which said monkeys haven't a clue.

While working there I never once received Quality Assurance feedback, nor did I receive any coaching or even basic encouragement beyond a simple "you'll figure it out, hang in there."

I would equate working at WildBlue to walking into a room filled with people who only speak Ancient Greek (angry people, who would rather not talk to you in any language, for that matter), and being expected to immediately begin communicating with them in fluent Ancient Greek yourself, while only given a book to translate from, which itself is written in Chinese.

How about maybe offering some actual training? And how about some floor-assistance for new recruits on calls who don't know what they're doing? Maybe you could actually create some positions for leads to answer questions, or managers who are actually at their desks when they are needed. Just a thought.

WildBlue is Among the Best

Former Employee - Engineer in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Engineer in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at WildBlue

Pros

People around were caring and friendly. The management above me recognized me with my talent and contributions I made to the company. My direct boss would tell his boss (VP Engineering) to gave me credits whenever he knew the progress and breakthroughs I made in the projects. This made me more motivated at work, no matter whatever I was doing.

I left because the business strategy had changed after WildBlue being bought out by ViaSat and no more R&D was needed.

Cons

I can not recall any Cons for this great company to work for. I have to say something, it might be the processes of doing business is different and may be weak. But again, it was a small size company and they had to do whatever quickly to make things happen for customers' satisfaction.

Wish everyone there the best to come. Please keep up the legacy of having good spirit and treating everyone like being in a same family.

There are newer employer reviews for WildBlue