The culture is gone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

I really do to my core love this company... i think we have a lot of potential. That being said I feel like the only way management listens is through an embarrassing public forum like this.

There are amazing people that work here and we need to get back to our roots to keep them.

Despite the recent setbacks, I do think that this is a great place to work. We just need to work out these kinks and bring Wildfire back to what it once was.

Cons

-Taking all of our best sales people out of sales and putting them in manager positions (just because you are a good sales person does not mean you are a good manager)
-Fear of giving negative feedback due to recent fires when doing so.
-Old boys club--- the people that were here in the very beginning (with about 15 employees) run the show, despite a lot of them being disliked by a majority of the 300 plus new employees. I have even been told that if I want to make it in this company that I need to "start being friends with the older employees and stop bonding so much with the new ones"
-we were told at a meeting that if you are the kind of person who takes an hour lunch break and thinks of this just as a job than this is not the place for you..... Reality Check-- management is invested and thinks of this more than a job because you get paid as such, respected as such, your opinions matter and you have a ridiculous amount of stock. All the rest of us work more hours than most companies, get paid less and have no upward mobility unless we were one of the first employees... so why would we think of this as more than a job when we don't get the respect that other people do?
- All of the teams get in at around 8am.... except for product... which is the biggest reason for customer dissatisfaction. It is not OK that everyone else is working really hard and the engineers stroll in at 11am.
-The commute is unbearable. I know this is not a fault of management but other companies have taken this into consideration and given alternatives. It is an hour commute in the morning, sometimes a 2 hour commute home and we pay about 100 dollars a week on gas (when our salaries make it barely affordable as is to pay our rent). When we caltrain it is a longer process (we must bus from our homes to a caltrain station, take the train, then wait for a shuttle to get to work).

-hire outside of the company for managers so you don't have favoritism and biased reviews and hires.
Stop cutting pay--- despite what you think it is bringing morale down and making people less concerned with working as hard as they did before.
-If you do hire a manager in the company consult their team before choosing. Sometimes a director or lead is completely unaware of the sentiment that an entire team feels towards a person. You may think an employee is great... but the people they manage may have a completely different perspective. Please take our opinions into consideration.
-Please think of a direct shuttle/bus option from the city to Redwood City

Other Reviews for Wildfire Interactive

Great company but a ton of room for improvement

Current Employee - Client Services  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

-Nice open work environment - very sunny.
    -Some genuinely great people work here.
    -Very cool and exciting space to be in right now.
    -Senior management like Victoria and Doug really know their stuff and are inspiring to work with.
    -I like the work I do on a daily basis helping clients.

Cons

-Pressured to work long hours.
    -While Senior Management is pretty solid, the next tier down is pretty weak. The head of CS is pretty inexperienced when it comes to management and leadership and it certainly shows.
    -There are more and more closed door meetings where top execs meet and discuss changes. Feels less horizontal and transparent.
    -Our perks have gotten better during my time at Wildfire, but relative to other Silicon Valley companies, we could still be doing better. Very few vacation days, no subsidized meals, and the daily commute is a huge struggle.

-Put more resources into management training.
    -Ask employees what they think about their managers and leaders.
    -Even if we can't pay for some meals, we should diversity snacks - more healthy snack options would be great.
    -Re-do the vacation day policy.
    -Consider some sort of shuttle from the city.

It's a great place to be!

Current Employee - Client Services  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

Wildfire is filled with incredibly intelligent people who are passionate about the company and what they do. I look forward to coming in to the office each day.

Cons

Sometimes there seems to be unnecessarily large communication gaps between departments and teams

keep on listening :)

There are newer employer reviews for Wildfire Interactive.

Worked for Wildfire Interactive? Contribute to the Community!