True Startup Life

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Strong leadership from our CEO, Victoria Ransom. She is a visionary and someone who inspires all of us. Victoria is always eager to listen to her colleagues and take action where appropriate. - Very smart and passionate people. - Biggest and best social media software company in the space. - Transparent management team. - Lot of opportunity for professional development and even personal growth. This has been an accelerated MBA program for myself that will ultimately help me in my future entrepreneurial ventures. - Autonomous environment. ... and it's fun!

Cons

- Benefits could be better but there is now a focus on improvement in that area. - There are some growing pains, but that comes with the territory when you grow from 40 employees to 300+ in the 2 or so years I've been here.

Advice to Management

Keep listening :)

Other Employee Reviews for Wildfire Interactive

A great company ruined by a few very bad hires and a lack of structure and processes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good office location Exciting products Talented people

Cons

Almost complete lack of structure, which is fine until it's not. As long as there aren't any problems, things will go well, but as soon as somebody gets upset for any reason, there are no processes in place to help employees. HR is non-existent. Until recently (and even now), benefits are hugely sub-par. Some key position have now been very poorly staffed, and once that door is opened, those bad hires will bring in more bad hires. HR and Engineering are the main examples of highly inexperienced leadership.

Advice to Management

Most of the mid level leadership needs to be replaced with people that have experience. This isn't a small startup anymore where it's ok to have someone with no experience manage 15+ employees.

2. Great company, some growing pains, awesome perks and culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- culture - lateral mobility within workplace - the office is awesome - cal train passes, gym membership, snacks - good people, smart coworkers, plenty of opportunities to learn how a company is actually grown and how customer relationships are managed - the CEO practices what she preaches, as does all upper management for the most part

Cons

- if you're going to get us snacks... get us healthy ones - sales is known to be a bit cliqueish, but nothing you can't look around

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. Remain candid, transparent, trusting and inspiring. Don't be afraid to tell us what we are going to do. Wildfire is a very collaborative place where people don't step on one another's toes, but at this junction I think we need clear, unambiguous marching orders sometimes.