True Startup Life

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Strong leadership from our CEO, Victoria Ransom. She is a visionary and someone who inspires all of us. Victoria is always eager to listen to her colleagues and take action where appropriate.
- Very smart and passionate people.
- Biggest and best social media software company in the space.
- Transparent management team.
- Lot of opportunity for professional development and even personal growth. This has been an accelerated MBA program for myself that will ultimately help me in my future entrepreneurial ventures.
- Autonomous environment.

... and it's fun!

Cons

- Benefits could be better but there is now a focus on improvement in that area.
- There are some growing pains, but that comes with the territory when you grow from 40 employees to 300+ in the 2 or so years I've been here.

Advice to Management

Keep listening :)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A great company ruined by a few very bad hires and a lack of structure and processes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good office location
    Exciting products
    Talented people

Cons

Almost complete lack of structure, which is fine until it's not. As long as there aren't any problems, things will go well, but as soon as somebody gets upset for any reason, there are no processes in place to help employees. HR is non-existent. Until recently (and even now), benefits are hugely sub-par. Some key position have now been very poorly staffed, and once that door is opened, those bad hires will bring in more bad hires. HR and Engineering are the main examples of highly inexperienced leadership.

Advice to Management

Most of the mid level leadership needs to be replaced with people that have experience. This isn't a small startup anymore where it's ok to have someone with no experience manage 15+ employees.

Great company but a ton of room for improvement

Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

-Nice open work environment - very sunny.
    -Some genuinely great people work here.
    -Very cool and exciting space to be in right now.
    -Senior management like Victoria and Doug really know their stuff and are inspiring to work with.
    -I like the work I do on a daily basis helping clients.

Cons

-Pressured to work long hours.
    -While Senior Management is pretty solid, the next tier down is pretty weak. The head of CS is pretty inexperienced when it comes to management and leadership and it certainly shows.
    -There are more and more closed door meetings where top execs meet and discuss changes. Feels less horizontal and transparent.
    -Our perks have gotten better during my time at Wildfire, but relative to other Silicon Valley companies, we could still be doing better. Very few vacation days, no subsidized meals, and the daily commute is a huge struggle.

Advice to Management

-Put more resources into management training.
    -Ask employees what they think about their managers and leaders.
    -Even if we can't pay for some meals, we should diversity snacks - more healthy snack options would be great.
    -Re-do the vacation day policy.
    -Consider some sort of shuttle from the city.