There are newer employer reviews for Wildfire Interactive

A Unique and Wonderful Place (very thankful to have this opportunity!)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

* lovely, motivated, hard-working, and kind individuals.
* extremely collaborative environment
* awesome example of leadership and professionalism found in our CEO
* exciting time/place to work in the Social space
* Gorgeous office setting
* Snacks/Perks are decent
* Co-workers quickly become friends

Cons

* atmosphere can become too collegiate (only occasionally!)
* I sometimes wish managers took more of a hands on approach. I appreciate being respected enough to do my own thing, but sometimes guidance is helpful.
* sometimes we run out of Diet Coke
* as we've grown, overall communication from the top down has become a little less transparent (understandable)
* tedious commute from SF

Work actively to improve communication with your team/those underneath you. This will be crucial as we officially transition from a "late-stage start-up" into a larger company.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Wildfire Interactive (View Most Recent)

Loving My Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Constant opportunities to learn; within and outside of my department. Smart, fun-loving people. Victoria Ransom is an incredible CEO, with a great vision and honest leadership. Management listens. Dynamic environment

Cons

Our growth explosion has certainly caused some challenges, so for those who don't operate well in ambiguity this may not be the place for you. Large, but still has some of the issues of a smaller start up in terms of organization, communication, and hiring qualified management.

Continue to be uncompromising in the talent we hire. Especially when it comes to individuals who have exhibited both high mental aptitude and a track record of hard work.

Inspiring but Not Quite There

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many people in this company are motivated individuals. Many people are friendly and create an atmosphere where people are interested in building relationships with their coworkers to strengthening the company.

The marketing team has generated great excitement for the company. The company is making headway the market with clients and the public.

The little perks are nice; snacks, drinks.

There is definitely lateral mobility within workplace.

Many people feel as if they have a chance to really make a visible impact on the business.

The CEO, Victoria Ransom is inspiring, great energy and comfortable to work for.

Cons

Commuting from San Francisco to Redwood City is time consuming and energy killing. (Other companies offer free shuttle services from multiple stop points in SF to their offices in redwood city and SV). I understand this is not management's fault that I live in SF, but your company recruited me, and I like living in SF- same with half the office.

Also related to the LONG commute: Work from home days are very limited. I usually feel a negative push back from management when I ask to work from home. Previous CV companies I have worked for allowed me to work from home one day a week. Helps a lot.

Super long hours, even by industry standards. (with low pay, doesn't help) Compared to similar companies in this field, the benefits and pay are not up to par. (salary, medical, 401k, etc.).

Need more mentors, leaders for the entry level employees (ex. sales teams need more mentors/managers).

Many employees work after office hours (especially in Sales/Client Services) but management doesn't seem to care if you're not in office.

Think about offering a shuttle from the city of SF to the office. It may save the company money in cal train tickets for their employees. Ans it will save the employees money on an hours drive of gas. You may have more energized and happier employees at the end of the day.

Recognize the hard work and efforts that your employees putting into the company and share their accomplishments with other teams.

Salaries and benefits need major upgrades.

When bringing on new sales managers, maybe train them a little longer (In the end they train us).

There are newer employer reviews for Wildfire Interactive

Worked for Wildfire Interactive? Contribute to the Community!