Wildfire Interactive

www.wildfireapp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wildfire Interactive

Great place, some growing pains

Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people here are really fun and really drive. The atmosphere is great. It's a super exciting time right now.

Cons

There are definitely some growing pains. A solid amount of management problems (in terms of who they are and how inexperienced they are).

Be transparent.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Wildfire Interactive (View Most Recent)

A Unique and Wonderful Place (very thankful to have this opportunity!)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

* lovely, motivated, hard-working, and kind individuals.
    * extremely collaborative environment
    * awesome example of leadership and professionalism found in our CEO
    * exciting time/place to work in the Social space
    * Gorgeous office setting
    * Snacks/Perks are decent
    * Co-workers quickly become friends

Cons

* atmosphere can become too collegiate (only occasionally!)
    * I sometimes wish managers took more of a hands on approach. I appreciate being respected enough to do my own thing, but sometimes guidance is helpful.
    * sometimes we run out of Diet Coke
    * as we've grown, overall communication from the top down has become a little less transparent (understandable)
    * tedious commute from SF

Work actively to improve communication with your team/those underneath you. This will be crucial as we officially transition from a "late-stage start-up" into a larger company.

Inspiring but Not Quite There

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many people in this company are motivated individuals. Many people are friendly and create an atmosphere where people are interested in building relationships with their coworkers to strengthening the company.

The marketing team has generated great excitement for the company. The company is making headway the market with clients and the public.

The little perks are nice; snacks, drinks.

There is definitely lateral mobility within workplace.

Many people feel as if they have a chance to really make a visible impact on the business.

The CEO, Victoria Ransom is inspiring, great energy and comfortable to work for.

Cons

Commuting from San Francisco to Redwood City is time consuming and energy killing. (Other companies offer free shuttle services from multiple stop points in SF to their offices in redwood city and SV). I understand this is not management's fault that I live in SF, but your company recruited me, and I like living in SF- same with half the office.

Also related to the LONG commute: Work from home days are very limited. I usually feel a negative push back from management when I ask to work from home. Previous CV companies I have worked for allowed me to work from home one day a week. Helps a lot.

Super long hours, even by industry standards. (with low pay, doesn't help) Compared to similar companies in this field, the benefits and pay are not up to par. (salary, medical, 401k, etc.).

Need more mentors, leaders for the entry level employees (ex. sales teams need more mentors/managers).

Many employees work after office hours (especially in Sales/Client Services) but management doesn't seem to care if you're not in office.

Think about offering a shuttle from the city of SF to the office. It may save the company money in cal train tickets for their employees. Ans it will save the employees money on an hours drive of gas. You may have more energized and happier employees at the end of the day.

Recognize the hard work and efforts that your employees putting into the company and share their accomplishments with other teams.

Salaries and benefits need major upgrades.

When bringing on new sales managers, maybe train them a little longer (In the end they train us).

There are newer employer reviews for Wildfire Interactive