Wildlife Conservation Society

www.wcs.org

Do not be fooled -- Bait & Switch: Not Worth It

(Current Employee)

ProsThe idea you will help the world, animals, make a "difference" in some small way. Think again.

ConsJust not worth it! You will be taken advantage of and treated poorly as shown by others here at Glassdoor.com & similar sites. People are disposable and not even "recyclable".

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not make promises you cannot (or intend not) to keep. That is just plain hurtful in every aspect to your new employee.
There is a reason why on employee contract that says "You can be terminated at any time." Are bells going off?
The facade of caring for conservation and wildlife does not -- in any way, shape or form, -- translate to caring for, treatment or fairness of employees. Maybe even legally. Those who have been there for two decades or more have a reserved spot but their spots are shaking, too, by arrogance. The rest of the "lowers" are food for a crow (or the Birds of Prey).
Future employees and desperate people looking for a job -- ANY job -- there is a distinct possibility that working for WCS will only ruin your self-esteem and time. Think before you decide upon an interview. Do your research. Read what other people say on this site and others before you decide to between WCS and an organization with a much better record for treating employees right.
And if you have advanced degrees..........do not be seduced by the idealism of helping the plant. Your efforts will in no way save the world (nor yourself). Find a more reputable organization with proof of "fair play" to spend your energy and time.

Shared passion for the cause is not enough to bring the factions together.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

I worked at Wildlife Conservation Society full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: It's great to feel inspired by the mission of your organization - everyone cares deeply about the… Cons: The divisions and groups within them are deeply stratified, competitive, and often antagonistic. Senior staff feel entitled to reject and humiliate… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to respect your staff. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great cause, interesting place to work, some good and bad employees to work with.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

I worked at Wildlife Conservation Society for more than a year

Pros: I loved meeting scientists from around the world and working… Cons: It was hit or miss in terms of working with others inside… Advice to Senior Management: Internal structure was challenging to navigate. I hope the current… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wildlife Conservation Society.

Worked for Wildlife Conservation Society? Contribute to the Community!