Wiley

There are newer employer reviews for Wiley

The place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Wiley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, Wonderful people to work with, 35 hour work week, casual environment

Cons

Hard to move up in the Indianapolis market, may need to move to Hoboken

Keep up the good work!

266 Other Employee Reviews for Wiley (View Most Recent)

Solid company until last 18 months

Former Employee - Editorial
    Former Employee - Editorial

I worked at Wiley full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Regular raises/generous bonus structure so compensation is overall fair

Cons

Uncertainty over the past 2-3 years led to stress, difficulty focusing on tasks.

More effective regular communication with employees

Great company that lost direction

Current Employee - Administrator in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrator in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Wiley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits
    great location on the waterfront in Hoboken
    nice colleagues

Cons

Initiative and hard work are not respected. There is lots of politics involved. Incompetence and mediocrity are wide spread. You can get hurt just by trying to do your job.

The company is fragmented, there are many different groups and departments with many directors, some of them with couple or few people beneath them. Because of this collaboration is almost non-existent and projects fail or last for years.

Due to these inefficiencies and market conditions the company is going through a restructuring or I would say downsizing. The senior management tried to promote this as a positive change by throwing around lots of buzz words, but for employees I doubt anything has changed but the names of groups. Actually there are even more disconnected groups now which makes any meaningful change just a dream. It is even worse. Managers who were responsible for failed projects were promoted and now have a second chance to inflict another wound to the company.

The company will lose lots of talented people soon and I am afraid it is going to lose its race with the competition that has grown strong in the last few years.

If Wiley continues on this course I doubt that they would stay in business for long.

Get managers with a proven record on working on big and complex project. Remove department silos, foster innovation and collaboration.

There are newer employer reviews for Wiley