Wiley

There are newer employer reviews for Wiley

Moving toward the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Wiley full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very supportive of employees with good benefits and flexible working hours and locations. Office locations in many locations give the opportunity to work with great colleagues worldwide. Very family-friendly.

Cons

All departments are experiencing turmoil right now as the company restructures and refocuses on its future as a digital content and service provider. Technology is behind the curve and trying to catch up quickly.

292 Other Employee Reviews for Wiley (View Most Recent)

Good people to work with

Current Employee - Senior Acquisitions Editor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Acquisitions Editor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Wiley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good job security and workload

Cons

Old-style company trying to change
    Salary could be better

Look elsewhere if you're talented

I have been working at Wiley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generous vacation time, good medical benefits.

Cons

Cheapest company I've ever worked for. Requesting special office equipment (like a ruler or pencils) will get you a raised eyebrow and the runaround. No color copiers in the whole place (yes...this is supposedly a PUBLISHING company).They'll lay you off so they can pay freelancers even LESS than the cookies they pay in-house staff. Or they'll outsource your job. This company used to be the top of the educational publishing game, but now they're part of the problem, outsourcing American jobs to India. Those at the top don't seem to understand that the caliber of work will greatly decline when it's turned over to freelancers -- they simply can't and won't be held to the same standards as in-house staff. As a result, if Wiley is still even around in 10 years, I will be very surprised. I will be leaving as soon as possible.

This road leads nowhere but to nonexistence. Drive a stake through it quickly and put it out of its misery.

There are newer employer reviews for Wiley